Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybodyknow anything about this brand??
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/FlwTech.html
or
http://www.hedman.com/pages/hedmanmain.html

They carry the holley name so there must be some quality to them. Also is the cermic coating worth the extra cheese you have to lay down. Check out the shorty smog headers, they are the only application that is available for us and bolts up to the factory crossover pipe.

2000 SLT Laramie QuadCab, 3in Roughcountry suspension, replaces spacers with 3in skyjacker coils in place of spacers,3in P.A. body lift. 360, auto, 4.56 gears, and k&n air filter. Double roll bar, 4 Procomp stainless 6in lights, brushguard and nerf bars. 315/75/16 E-Xterrains on 16x8 OutlawII.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The real benefit to ceramic coating is just to disipate heat more evenly, and also they will not get as hot, therefore, lowering the temperatures in the engine compartment. The cooler the engine, the better it performs.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Between the thin walls of headers, and the ceramic coating, the underhood temps will be much lower than with the stock manifolds.

Also, the headers cool off MUCH faster than the manifolds do, so you're less likely to burn yourself on them when working on the truck.

Some people I know of that put in headers, later had them removed, ceramic coated, and put back in. Reason was that the underhood temps with the bare headers was so high that they were melting wires... Like the spark-plug wires...

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
i would go with the ceramic paint simply from bad experiences with other "high temp" header paint. it prevents rust from forming on the headers. ive tried a lot of other paints and they all just flake off when the headers warm up. the ceramic paint i put on my headers hasnt faded one bit.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Those are the same headers I'm running but I don't have the ceramic coating and I've never had a problem with them. Out of all the mods I've done, those headers made the biggest noticable difference in performance. You won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well [email protected]#t sticks....they dont fit the 2000' according to summit but the hedman headers do... are they worth a fiddle fart????? I mean the hedman headers?????

2000 SLT Laramie QuadCab, 3in Roughcountry suspension, replaces spacers with 3in skyjacker coils in place of spacers,3in P.A. body lift. 360, auto, 4.56 gears, and k&n air filter. Double roll bar, 4 Procomp stainless 6in lights, brushguard and nerf bars. 315/75/16 E-Xterrains on 16x8 OutlawII.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Try calling Summit about them. Lots of times they didn't list my application but when I called they would have my part. It's worth a try

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was told that the summit brand headers only fit 98 and lower. but I found the flowtech headers at the local advanced autoparts and they will fit my 99 so I am pretty sure they will fit a 2000. the reason why 99 and up rams cant use some of the other less exspensive headers is because of the bigger brake booster that causes clearance problems with the driver side header.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
the clearance shouldnt be an issue though if you run a body lift. i have a ton of clearance to get to my headers with the bodylift.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
1, go ceramic! when i run the truck for a while the outside finders will get hot. i am going to have mine coated when i get the chance. i wish i would have spent the extra dough on the coating.
2, they are a bitch to instal! it is bad tight! you can do it, but i can garentee you will be pissed before it is over with.

·
Registered
160 Posts
They're not that hard to install. You just need to take your time and have patience. Mine went on fine and I've never had any gaskets leak yet either(nock on wood)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts