Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody recomend a good perfromance/ good price header???? What about headdmen headers anybody heard of them???

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I would recomend Gibson. They are relatively cheap and i believe they are a good quality header. Hedman headers are also very good quality headers. Im not familiar with the headers that they make for late model vehicles but the headers they make for older cars are great. They may also be cheaper than the gibsons if they are anything like the headers they make for older cars.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Every place ive talked to has recommended Gibson....Borla is bad ass but oo much money...the Gibson are the Best for the buck so i am told..
-Neil

·
Registered
704 Posts
I bought JBA's from a local shop for $370.00 including tax. I love 'em, never had a problem with them, and installed them myself in a few hours start to finish. I heard good things too about Gibson, but I don't know anyone that has them on their Ram. Hedman was good years ago, do they make headers for new Rams?

·
Registered
66 Posts
i just put on some gibson stainless steal shorty headers and i love them. they sound really good and i can feel the difference every time i press the acceleration. they arent that expensive either i think i got my for around $350.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
i put a set of gibson chrome headers on when i did my lift last march. i couldnt tell a difference because the truck changed so much with the lift and tires, so it would be hard to tell if anything improved. i paid $280 from 4 wheel parts, i kick myself in the ass for not spending the $80 or so extra to get the stainless, but then again looking at the supposed stainless exhaust that dodge put on it to is pretty corroded. my chromes are just blue.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I have heard good things about the Edlebrcok TES headers. They come with a new y-pipe as well. They are a medium length header.

Heddman and Hooker do not make stuff for the pate model Rams that I have seen

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have doug thorleys on my truck, sounds like a beast comin down the road and gives a good ammount of power when used with an intake, i also have a filtercharger setup, so you can really tell the difference

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i also run the JBA's. mine are the stainless ones, so they were a little more. they are all probably the same. make sure whatever you buy has at least a 3/8" flange, because they rairly blow gaskets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts