Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its possible for the front his was a sport so it was paint not chrome looks good he also did the back and same turnout..good,he left the top plastic alone cause he did not know how well it would stay on there,hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i know know how well the stuff will stick to the chrome. you might be better off getting a painted one to make it stick better.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
if you're going to spray in onto chrome, i'd put a couple coats of primer first...that should help the material adhere...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have seen a truck with Ranch hand bumpers with a healty coat of Line-X. The bumpers are ugly to begin with so I really didnt sit around for 15 min. a check them out but first impression was 2 thumbs down.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i wanna do this except with the whole truck. not on my dodge, but on some beater that ill build a cage and everything around so i can roll it and then roll it again. :):

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did my step bars with Herculiner. They came out with the texture of the bed if sprayed. Nice idea, but not quite what I wanted. Like the instructions said, I stirred. And that is what mixes up the rubber for the texture. Well for sh-ts and giggles I let the bucket sit for over 24 hours and did a part of my brush guard w/ just the liquid and no rubber in the mix. Looks good. Came out smooth and nice and tough. Granted it does have some run streaks in it, but I was just testing it. And you lose a lot of what you purchase cause half the can is the settled rubber, but it did work.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I am getting my rockers done black cause most line-x dealers will not spray colors in CA. They all agree that the colors fade, bleach in splotches and such.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
if you spray your beater in line-x (black) it's gonna be a hot mother after it sits in the sun for a while. you'll never have to worry about waxing, scratches, or rock chips ever again. buy a can of herculiner to fill in the ripped out chunks if you 'crawl and don't care about body damage.
should work well. saw a jeep with entire interior covered in herculiner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts