Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on the dodge web site and the have pics and video showing the concept cars and preproduction models for the next year. Dodge has finally done it. They have a new truck called the Dodge Ram SRT-10 and get this, it has the Viper V10 in it!!! 500 horsepower, 500ft/lbs, 0-60 in 5 seconds and a top speed of over 150. Go there and check out the pics. As a guy who used to have a Ford Lightning all I have to say is I can't wait.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's only 2wd. It's a sport truck with ground effects and a ram air hood. I don't remember the tire size, but they were huge and on 22" or 24" in wheels I can't remember which. I don't see how they can get the thing to hook up. My lightning was only 360hp and it was tuff to launch without roasting the tires.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I went to the Dodge web-page...the SRT-10 is a Viper:

...unless I missed it??? :dunno:

:D:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, you missed it. Well, sort of. The new viper is called the SRT-10 and since the borrowed the viper motor I guess they thought they might as well use the name, too. Only the truck is called the Ram SRT-10. There is a link on the lower left corner that has a pic of the new truck or just link to here: http://www.4adodge.com/autoshow

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Here's the link to the announcement of the truck:

http://www.4adodge.com/autoshow/news_events/srt10/

I'll say this, for a lowered street truck, it's hot. Probably would never sit in my driveway (I'd just buy a Viper, considering it ain't gonna be a cheap truck) as I think trucks should be 4-wheel drive... Personal preference only.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I too agree that a 2wd truck is a waste to make, why not make all trucks 4wd? Everyone could use it sometime or another. That would help get rid of all those little mini truckers. But sounds pretty nice for a truck, should have made it 4wd though, probably sits up at the height of a 4wd if it is gonna have 24" wheels. Just a waste of money though if ya ask me!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
My bad...I really missed it!...how could I miss this?: :eek::

Pretty sick lookin' truck!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
tell the 2wd thing to all the baja prerunners out there. im sure they would disagree with ya. It just depends on the type of off roading your into.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know about 4WD on this truck, but I think it could probably use AWD. I don't see how you could ever get that much power to hook up on a truck where there is no weight on the rear end.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i think that this truck absolutely needs AWD. The viper is a car, having weight in the rear over teh rear axle, and it has traction problems. most guys have to start off the line in second gear, because it has too much torque with first gear. and im sure that the 335 tires on the viper are wider than any tire they could fit in the wheels wells of that truck. on top of that not having any weight. Anyone remember the GMC Cyclone? This was the fastest production truck simply because it could leave the line faster than anything else. in a longer race this truck would lose bad because it doesnt have the power to push it that fast. but it had traction. if this truck had AWD it would be unstopable. it would most likely beat the vipers, simply because it could hook-up.
Sorry the post is a little long. I have a thing for AWD. ask anyone that knows me. :):

1 - 11 of 11 Posts