Off Road Vehicles banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hay im geting ready to replace my front wheel bearings wat is the best bearing to buy?
i also thought about installing lock outs is it really worth the money

·
Registered
676 Posts
On 2007-04-27 20:11, mopar98 wrote:
hay im geting ready to replace my front wheel bearings wat is the best bearing to buy?
i also thought about installing lock outs is it really worth the money

Best bet is to go with a replacement from NAPA or any other parts place that offers the lifetime warranty. You will be doing them again. there is only 2 companies that offer the lock out hub conversions, (I forget the name off the top of my head at the moment) but you'r looing at around $2000 for the kit alone.

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
This is one old post...haha

The best is NAPA as they tend to give you a lifetime warranty. But I think they are all made by Timken. I used to buy mine at all sorts of different places and they always had Timken no matter where I went.

You can't instal lockouts unless you replace the entire front axle from an older truck like a Ford. If you have a Dana 60 up front though, there are a few kits available to convert the Dodge Dana 60 to lockouts. Do a search to find them here on the site.

·
Registered
139 Posts
EMS also sells a dodge dana 44 and 60 lockout kit. I have also have just put lockouts on my dodge dana 44 and have a thread about how to do it. If you dont have much fabrication skills though I would recomend getting the ems kit or just replace the bearing assembly with napa peices like said above. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
If you decide to go with the conversion, EMS has an 8 to 10 week lead time at the moment. I went with the Dynatrac because I couldn't wait, although it cost me an extra 400 bucks. Install wasn't bad at all.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts