Off Road Vehicles banner

Grab Handles for drivers side

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  snowjay 
I installed a grab handle on my drivers side. Not to hard of a job. I bought the pass side handle, bolts, retainers and a new drivers side pillar cover (just in case). Once you locate where you want the handle (i took measurments from the pass side and transposed them to the drivers pillar) you drill the holes thru the plastic and then mark the metal frame underneath. Remove the plastic cover and then drill the holes thru the frame where the marks are or as close to as possible so you get a good bite into the frame. Then you install the collapsable retainers using a nut and bolt just enough to hold them in place. Reinstall the plastic cover, and bolt the new handle in place. I'll see if I have pictures of my finished product. I did this several years ago so I dont know if I have any lying around.

Haven't found any pictures yet...

Yeah on the drivers side it is round, but when you can bolt down the handle fine. Some other people I know put spacers behind the pillar to prevent the plastic from bending but I didnt and it looks fine. It is pretty sturdy and I use it almost everyday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.