Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i would let everyone know i have my 4.56's with my 33's and love them. so far i got all my power back and then some and i'm getting better milage now. i dont know exactuly what i'm getting because i havnt had my odometer corrected for the tires. but to give you an idea at 200 miles on my uncorrected odometer i would put in 20 gallons, now i put in 16 gallons with the gears installed. keep in mind the gears didnt effect my odometer(speed sensor in the rear not in transfer)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had 3.55

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Phoneguy, what's your RPM at around 65 mph? I will be going to 33" in the near future and am curious. Sounds like 4.56 might be the route as I am planning on towing quite a bit.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Even though your odometer and speedo are not ecactly correct you are definitely getting better gas mileage. Swap in a vehicle speed sensor and you'll be back to spec, its only $10.

·
Registered
807 Posts
punkineater, you have 8 inches of lift and you plan on running 33's? theyre gonna look like donuts. even without the body lift they would still look small.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Outlaw, hey where do I get one of those speed sensors? Is that better than changing the speedo gear? Just wondering.. DDGETHS

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Body lift is coming off and my last truck ran a 5" with 33/ 12.50's and looked sweet. I'm only 1/2" higher than that one with my suspension and I will be running 33/14.50. I love to rock crawl and flex the hell out of my suspension so I want all the room I can get.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I beleive that the difference between the speedo and tach is near 10%. But the best you can do is buy a truspeed.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
If ya'll are interested in getting a GOOD deal on new gears, let me know and I can hook you up! I can beat ANYONE's price, hands down. That includes lifts and wheel packages as well...just tryin' to help out my fellow Rammers!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On 2002-04-16 09:42, punkineater wrote:
Phoneguy, what's your RPM at around 65 mph? I will be going to 33" in the near future and am curious. Sounds like 4.56 might be the route as I am planning on towing quite a bit.

well punkineater i can tell you on the way to orlando i was running about 75 mph and turning around 2600 rpm in od. if you go to intercotire.com they have a calculator that will tell you exactully what you will turn. i belive that od in a auto is .69 if you want to know

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey punkineater i agree 33's with 5 inches of lift looks good i'm planing on ditching my 3" kit and getting a 5" kit in the future. i cant stand the tires rubbing when i really run the truck hard off road. oh and by the way my tires are slightly bigger than 33's there closer to a 34

·
Registered
969 Posts
DDGETHS
I got a 38 tooth gear speed sensor at the local dodge dealership for $10. It helped out alot cause it brings everything back to spec. The factory speed sensor has 31 teeth.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Beast, exactly how cheap can you get gears for? I've got 3.55's right now and I definitely need some 4.10's or 4.56's, but money is a problem right now.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not just donuts but those little mini powder coated donuts.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
If you want a price, send me a private message, or e-mail me at my home e-mail. I guarantee I can beat all other's prices...and have a lifetime warranty to boot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts