Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my MTRs last friday, then on Saturday drove to Frank Raines for the big run we had there (20 trucks or so).

In a word: Wow.

I was swimming in mud that was deep as the top of the front wheel-wells, and they pulled me out no problem. Going through the mud it was hard to get them to come loose and spin. They just hooked up and gave traction. Going through shallower stuff in 2wd, they definitely spun, but they kept me moving forward, no problem at all.

On the street, they are louder than the BigO XTs were, but are also a LOT more aggressive. They don't while or drone, but they sound more like wind-noise than anything else.

They are a smidge larger than the XTs were, but without trying to really stuff them yet, I've only had some very slight rubbing of the inner fender linings, and that I can't hear, only see on plastic fender.

On the street, at 42 psi front, 38 rear, they have softer side-walls than the XTs did, and they ride softer. Result is that I now drive a bit slower on my drive to work on a twisty mountain roads (Hwy 9 for those in the area).

That could also be the fact that I went from no tread to what looks like a whole inch of tread.

I was keeping up with boggers and SSRs, but we weren't in anything goopy, just deep muddy water with a hard bottom, but was a pretty slick hard bottom.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Well in a mud tire test in 4Wheeler the MTR's were 3rd behind the SSR's and the boggers. The other tires were all popular mud tires so thats some evidence on how good they are.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I totally agree with Aaron! :bigthumb: I'd buy these again in a heart beat! :D:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts