Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well right now I am running 285/75/16 BFG AT's on my Ram. They are doing good. I like them and they handle good in rain. I haven't had them in snow or sand, but I think they will do well.

MT/R's are a tire I know well. They are a great on/off road tire. I had them in all types of weather (snow, ice, rain). They are worth the money. I had 32's on a tacoma and I loved them. I am putting them on my dodge as soon as get the money.

I have only seen the new BFG MT Km's. I don't like the looks. They look like the old MT's to me. They are not sipped, just solid rubber knobs.

I am going to spend the money and get MT/R's. To me they were really worth it.

Bob

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The best tires for the sand are what you are running right now! The A/T's are also the quietest out of the above mentioned. I have the MT/R's and I run the dunes at Pismo, and they perform really well in sand, but may be a bit aggressive! Actually, any tire will work well if you air down!!! For street and sand driving, I'd stick with the BFG A/T! :bigthumb:

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad-Cab SLT 4X4 SB, 5.2L V8, 5" SkyJacker Stage II Kit, 35/12.50/15 Good~Year MT/R's on 15X8 Weld Racing Sidewinder Wheels, Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust System, Custom Audio System.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Go with MT/R's. Goodyear MT/R's are more aggressive than the BFG MT/km's and a lot quieter and they measureded 35.02" on my 16x10 rims.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I'm running BFG AT's (32") and so far 36,000 on them and they still have 70% tread left!
I rotate them religiously every 5K miles (next rotation will be the 7th time rotated) Can't comment on their off-road abilities, as I havent wheeled them much (other than dirt & fire road's)

Troy

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'm with Bubba! I myself went with the MT/R's! They are way more aggressive and surprisingly quiet for such an aggressive tire. I suggested the A/T's because you mentioned that your main driving will be on pavement and sand! The A/T's are as quiet as factory tires and perform excellent in sand. The tread design isn't too aggressive, so it won't dig you in too deep. Good Luck! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
285 Posts
What kind of mileage are you expecting to get out of those Goodyear MT/Rs?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
i can speak for the BGF AT's as far as snow and ice and mud last week we had over 8 inches of snow here and i was going around in my stock dodge with the all terrains pulling out all the chevys that got stuck (one guy even had 33x12.50x15 thorbirds) as far as the mud goes u have to keep momentum of the tires will not clean properly but if u hit the hole wiht a little speed the AT's will dig u right on out and they are also ALOT quieter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts