Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I have some info. I went to Discount Tire here in AZ. They are a MAJOR west coast chain who normally push the BFG series for the off-roader. I had one of the salesmen tell me that he was sorry to admit but the MT/R Goodyear makes is a better tire than the BFG. He said the compund is smoother, less likey to cup and the sidewall was stronger than BFG's. They have the tendancy to last longer too! I have always run BFG, this is my first set of Goodyear MT/R's, I hope it won't be my last!
LUV24BY

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I heard they are waaaaay more expensive then any other mt out there

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had 32x11.5x15 MT/R's on my 2000 Tacoma. I loved them and can't wait to get my 35's for my Dodge. They are a great tire. Never got stuck with them. I do alot of surf fishing, so I always take my truck on the beach, I never had to air down when I went. I just drove on, 30psi.

Bob

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what are the shipping costs through tirerack.com like?

After spending a total of over $900 for 4 of the new BFG MT/km tires, I may have to consider them for my next set.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I just got back from Pismo and my MT/R's performed EXCELLENT!!! I aired down to 15 psi and I wheeled two days straight without even coming close to getting stuck. I even helped pull an RV that was stuck with no problems...I LOVE THESE TIRES!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts