Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody gotten an aftermarket tach for their Dodge? Mine came factory without one, I do have an automatic tranny, but i want to have one. I was wondering if anybody knew which company makes the best tach.

·
Registered
220 Posts
auto meter makes a pretty good tach that i run on my dodge that's like 40 bucks at kragen. it's about 4 inches in diameter and reads to 8,000 rpm. it's all you need unless your running a monster truck

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How difficult was it to wire that up?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

AUTOMETER is a company well known for their tachs. There are also different mounting possibilities:

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
its not hard to wire them up. the most difficult part is locating the wires to tie into. there are four wires if im remembering correctly. 1-positive 2-negative 3-distributer feed 4-headlight switch. just find a place to mount it and wire it up, it is pretty easy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wanted one of the auto meter tachs mounted in the pillar pod but the pillar mount used a odd sized opening and the only tach that would fit was an autometer that cost about 90 bucks. I bought a small sun pro tach from autozone it is a 2 5/8 inch tach and mounted it right under my pillar and it looks good.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think I'll mount my tach in the pillar, probably just on the console somewhere.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha don't worry, I'm not building a tuner car or anything.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i think i might have the sheet of instructions that comes with the autometers if anyone wants me to scan it in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts