Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it would be better to invest in a cat back exhaust system. Glass packs have a "blat" sound on a Dodge, it sounds too rough for my taste.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My girl is a 1989 150 2bbl 318. i would like to know the best tire size to go with all around for hieght and power at the rear wheels. i was thinking 34x10.5x15

·
Registered
80 Posts
I thought about a glass pack before I put straight pipes on, they said that a glasspack would not be as deep and perform as well. Then bewteen a cat-back and a straight pipe set up, the straight pipes are the best(I had a flowmaster cat back), but only if you can get away with it your state. In colorado the police have much more on there minds than our trucks. Plus most of the po po's I know they knock my truck out of the mudhole.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
glass packs are bad... YUCK. if all you want is noise save the money and run straight pipes

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
im just not a big glass pack fan at all. they dont really help the performance as much as a flow and i think the flows sound much better. a 40 series flow would sound bad ass on that truck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts