Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get split rear exhaust for my truck :cool::. Looking for something quiet in the cab but sound good from behind . Will I have to remove my spare to fit the exhaust :dunno: I've got a 265/75r16 spare.

·
Registered
77 Posts
According to the Gibson tech you WILL have to permanently remove your spare. I checked that out a couple months back because I was looking at the same system. After the tech explained the split system made LESS power than their single 3", I started checking around.
I ended up having my local shop going 3" after the cat into a Dynomax 3" "ultra flo" (better flow than the Gibson)single 3" out the factory exit. Cost installed $235.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm not going to remove my spare. Any system with dual rear exits that do not require that spare be removed?

·
Registered
140 Posts
On 2002-04-16 21:37, hardhead wrote:
I'm looking to get split rear exhaust for my truck :cool::. Looking for something quiet in the cab but sound good from behind . Will I have to remove my spare to fit the exhaust :dunno: I've got a 265/75r16 spare.
NO you do not have to remove your spare. I have that same exhaust and my 265/75/16 spare just fits.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Serious?
I asked the Gibson Tech if I just had to remove the spare for installation, or if I would have to permanently remove it.
He said it was a permanent removal.

I'm not doubting you, and I'm glad it worked out. It just pisses me off when a factory tech gives you bogus info.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
He's probably just covering their @**, so that you don't call up and b*tch if your spare melts (which it probably won't), but just to be safe (for them).

·
Registered
134 Posts
When I was running duel exhaust, I had a nice chunk of spare burned away, and it was a 245/75 spare. If you want duels, have a custom exhaust shop bend the pipes and be sure to leave plenty of clearance around the spare.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess the best thing might be to go to some muffler shops and see what they can do for me. Thanks for the Help :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
i had bought a rapidflow exhaust for my truck from performancecombos.com
i think i paid $280 for it. i didnt have to remove the spare(265 tire also). but the muffler rusted out at the inlet(i only drive 3 miles to and from work). i plan on going with a dynomax ultra flo, from the sounds ive heard it was the best sounding.
does anyone have a magnaflow on a v8 soundbit i can hear?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts