Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Monday is the day. I am getting my lift, tires, wheels, the works all done on Monday and Tuesday.

Anything special I should think about getting done at the same time or watch out for?

I am getting the Skykjacker Class II 4.5 inch system, dual front shocks, rear leafs, dual steering stabilizer, 16x8 Hellcats, 36x12.5 TSL's Truespeed sensor all the toys.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Don't remember any problems I had with mine, good luck with it! Just make sure they torque all the bolts down tight, I had a few work loose. The one on the pitman arm was the worst, Had to crank it tighter after steering seemed mischeviously "loose". hehe. Get pictures as soon as possible! I want to see it.

Nick.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Badboy4453,

I will have them douple check everything and I may even bring it into their San Jose or Santa Clara shop a few days later for a recheck.

What K&N filter are you running on your truck? I am thinking of getting the 63-1025 kit. The one that is listed for of road.
http://www.knfilters.com/aircharger/63-1025.pdf

Do you have any mods on your diesel? I am looking at injectors and a Edge box.

Bill

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Ha Ha by topic name i thought you where getting "high". i was like why is he annoucing this on PS.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Bill,

How are you planning on handling the inspections with the "Off-road" K&N? It doesn't have hookups for things like PCV.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woody,

Should not be a problem at this point since my truck is a diesel.
They do not smog diesels yet.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have a [email protected] kit and it came with an emissions exempt sticker to put somewhere under the hood in case you do get smogged.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Cool! That means you can break in your truck, lift and tires on the upcoming Hollister trip! :lol:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Ahh. Ok.

So no inspection then, either.

You also might want to the schotty BHAF setup. I used to have a link for that, but not now.

Lucky dog... I need a diesel. I hate CARB.

Anyone know of any groups that are lobbying to get CARB to drop the testing for aftermarket parts, and just go with the tail-pipe emissions only?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
On 2002-03-01 00:46, Bill_L wrote:
Badboy4453,

I will have them douple check everything and I may even bring it into their San Jose or Santa Clara shop a few days later for a recheck.

What K&N filter are you running on your truck? I am thinking of getting the 63-1025 kit. The one that is listed for of road.
http://www.knfilters.com/aircharger/63-1025.pdf

Do you have any mods on your diesel? I am looking at injectors and a Edge box.

Bill

Not sure what filter I have, but I'll check on it. My dad put it in. I don't have any mods. Have heard great reviews and am looking in to banks systems though. Have been told they are the best. Also have heard good things about bullydog and their propane injection systems.

Nick.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Bill---most boxes are year specific so be careful if you try to buy them used---and the injectors may be also--I need to double check that out as I may have some DDIII's for sale very soon out of my '99----

K&N re0880 is what a lot of guys use with a prefilter---then there is the Volant--the AFE Mega Cannon---BHAF has been getting poor reviews--I used the K&N 0880 and now have the AFE----

BadBoy---the BAnks kit is expensive for the HP you end up with, the best thing about the kit is that it defuels at 1250* or so, so you don't melt down your pistons---other than that not much else besides it is well manufactured---

injectors--$700-$1000+/-
boxes--$595-$800+/-
turbo--$700-$1700+/-
guages are a must especially the Fuel pressure and EGT

if you take some injectors that cost $700 + a box that costs $800---you'll be able to smoke a Banks equipped truck---the bigger turbo will drop your EGT's----got to go---if you want more info just ask----chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts