Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my dodge i am planning on lifting, im thinking of running 16x38.5x15 superswampers in the summer and some 35x12.5x16 studded procomps. What would be a good choice in gearing i was thinking of 4.56 or 4.88 but wasnt to sure. Thanks for all your help, Josh

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You're limited to 4.56 by the 9.25" rear-end. With tires that big, you definitely want 4.56, and 4.88 would be nice, but isn't going to happen unless you swap out to 2500/3500 axles, which is $$$$$$.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Also just noticed something else, you're sig mentions an ARB in your future in the rear axle... They haven't released that one yet, either. I've heard rumors, but nothing substantial.

I'd love an ARB in the back, but probably not going to happen.

·
Registered
923 Posts
While on the topic, I just got 4.56 gears, they are currently ripping of 35 inch mud kings. I will have 38 in gumbo mudders within the month (hopefully). I'm afriad I won't be ripping them off quite as easily due to the added weight and tire diameter. Anybody know or a have a truck with 4.56's and 38's or close? I am curious as to how it will drive and what kind of torque I will have after 38s. The 35s are about perfect, maybe a tad too small for those gears. I talked to one guy with a 318 and the above setup and said he wished he could get 4.88s. Any opinions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts