Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Jason told me that dealerships (although a little expensive) are the best bet for installing gears. Those mechanics have the best knowledge of the Dodge axles.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-06 20:54, Outlaw Ram wrote:
Jason told me that dealerships (although a little expensive) are the best bet for installing gears. Those mechanics have the best knowledge of the Dodge axles.

thats not necessarily true. napleton dodge in the suburb of oaklawn told me they send all their gear work out to the place i took my truck, Vef-Ron gear in bridgeview,il. they also do godmudders gear work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Where about in NJ are you......I'm gonna have mine done soon, and found a good guy...

Toms machine shop in woodbridge.......

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I said that? Wow, I must have been drunk or not thinking. If you can not find a differential or other shop that has plenty of experience in gear swaps, then yes a delaer might be the next best thing. Gears can be difficult to setup and experience is what matters if you want the parts to last.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On 2002-01-06 21:26, BigT wrote:
Where about in NJ are you......I'm gonna have mine done soon, and found a good guy...

Toms machine shop in woodbridge.......
I'm in Manville - (it's the town next to Somerville)- What price did they quote you? and what gears do you have now and what gears are you going to.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-06 23:52, canyonero02 wrote:
shawn, i bought my truck from napleton. small world.

i didnt buy mine from napleton i just live in oaklawn. i had the brite idea if i drive up to viking dodge in crystal lake ill save on cook county tax. i bought it from viking but didnt save on the tax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts