Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...$1500.00 installed!!! Is this a good deal? Includes 4.56 R&P Gears, Master Install Kits, Detroit Locker (rear), and Installation. :D:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Where are you located at? That seems a bit high. I can get 4.56's for a bit under $500 shipped, and a rear locker (I assume for a 9.25) for about $550 or so, give or take. So they are charging you about $500-$600 for installation. I guess that is high to me, since it only costs $150 per axle here in Alabama, locker and gearsets installed. I would shop around a bit, at least for the labor. I can do gears and lockers, geez I am in the wrong business if I could charge that much! :wink:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Tunis, what shop quoted you that? Have you heard of "Jeff Arabia auto"? He's located in Los Gatos I was qouted $900-950 for install of 4:10's,(I'm supplying the gears) Detroit (rear) and ARB up front, with master install kits. Can't hurt to give him a call.
I don't have his number handy, but he is in the book!
Let us know if you call him, and what he say's huh?

Troy

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I was quoted $1000 for my 4.56's installed, but added $500 to buy the Detroit and no extra for installation. So Arabia's auto has a similar price tag. Now to include the ARB setup in that price is a good deal.

Don't forget, 4.56's are drawing a premium right now for our application.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Whats the best price i can get on 4.88's? with the install kits, assuming I will do the install myself, it wont be me it will be a guy in my club, he charges me by the beer, pretty nice deal.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Never checked into 4.88's before. Probably need to shop around, Randy's Ring and Pinion, West Coast Differential, 4WheelRipOffs, and some other smaller shops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts