Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You shouldn't have any problems with the 285 other than the speedo. being off (about 5mph). I have 285's on my truck with 3.55 gears with no problems.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have 35s on my truck with my stock 3.92s, I don't know how much of a difference it made in performance. I can still get off the line as quick as I did before the lift/tires (I think). What are the benifits of changing my gear ratio anyway...will I get better fuel economy by chance?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-27 02:54, Ian_Wallace wrote:
I have 35s on my truck with my stock 3.92s, I don't know how much of a difference it made in performance. I can still get off the line as quick as I did before the lift/tires (I think). What are the benifits of changing my gear ratio anyway...will I get better fuel economy by chance?

swap the gears out and youll probaly see a little bit of improvement. i went from 3:55 w 36's to 4:10 with 36's and seen about 3 mpg more. your motor will have more leverage to turn the tires with lower(numerically higher)gears. also its going to put the motor back closer into its original powerband usage. do you drive on the expressway with OD off or on? i couldnt even get up to 55mph before without needing like 3 miles to start with. more control while your offroading, you wont have to rev the motor up to get up the hill or what ever. your transmission will thank you to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts