Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have driven my 4.56's around for about a week now and my gas mileage has climbed from 9 to 14mpg. Combo of city and highway driving. My power is now back also!! However my speedometer is way ahead, it says 80 mph when I'm goin 70mph. If I could have done it over again I would have saved up for lift, tires, and gears at the same time. The power loss and horrible gas mileage was 6 months of hell! Its definitely better to get all 3 at the same time. As far as tach, my engine is only taching about 900 rpm higher at 65mph than it was before so the 4.56's fit perfectly with the 36" swampers.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
900 rpm is alot since it was probaly spinning at what 2200 rpm. so thats about 3k rpm at highway cruise. thats kinda fast for a v8 to be spinning all the time on the highway. thats one reason why i went to 4:10's, i do travel alot with the truck also so it keeps the wear and tear down and increases the mileage because its not lugging like the before and its not spinning to fast. BUT if you dont see alot of highway miles then you dont have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't do that much highway driving and my previous RPM was 1900 with 3.55's. The 900 is just an educated guess. Once I can get a hold of the scan tool then I can hook it up to the computer and see exactly what i'm taching. The RPM is nothin to worry about cause its not taching too high just from listening to it go down the highway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts