Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would it affect it bad to put some 33's on it though...i mean like what kinda milage would i be lookin at with em?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I dunno, what mileage you getting now? Probly drop about 3-4 mpg, more if you highway it and even more if it's an auto but that's all a total shot in the dark.

Here, this should help.

http://www.4lo.com/calc/geartable.htm

::EDIT:: "More Power" means at the low end. You'll have more jump off the line, but your overall high end will go down. So you'll be able to get up faster but you'll top out faster.

Wiggles,

--Hardy :D:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man...but it bein a 4 banger might have something to do with it also right? im runnin stock gears...4.11's...i think... with 32's and im gettin like 13 miles per gallon..so i dont know?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well with the 4 you're gonna want to stay close to stock. The closer you are to stock, the less MPG you'll lose. Really, anything over 33"s I think is a mistake on a 4 DD because you're going to lose so much power and you don't have much to begin with.

I went to 4.56s and 35"s on my 6 and lost ~1 mpg and I can still hit 80 on the highway.

I dunno. Titties. Buy a 6 cyl.

Really, anyway you look at it, you're gonna be underpowered or using too much gas in that 4 banger. BUT if you throw on 4.88s, if you get the cash to swap into a 6 cyl, you'd be good all the way up to 37"s.

Don't dillude yourself. You're making a swap for tire size and you're going to lose somewhere. Tire size is going to determine where.

Have I meandered around the subject long enough?

--Hardy :D:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with the 32's on it now, i can bearly hit 70 on the highway, and thats running like 3500-4000rpms...so we will see what happens here....when i get it back home, engine bet ur buns its engine swap time!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts