Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know if the gear swaping is easy or not. I plan to run bigger tires, but I hae a feeling the stock gears won't cut it, however I have no idea what they are on my truck. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-02-21 14:27, Culley22 wrote:
any one know if the gear swaping is easy or not. I plan to run bigger tires, but I hae a feeling the stock gears won't cut it, however I have no idea what they are on my truck. Any help is much appreciated.

it easily drains about $1700 from your wallet when you let a pro do it!

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Not sure about AK, but here in sunny CA, a swap will run $1000 or so for both axles, parts, etc.

You can do it yourself, but most of the time a pro is recommended. It takes patience and you will be removing the gears several times until you get the set up just right.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I agree with Jason it set me back 1100 dollars for 4.56 front and back, but you cant really consider it a set back cause it is one of the best mods you can. At least in my o-pinion (haha get o-PINION) and it really is best left to the pros' cause if its not right alot of bad things can happen. Its not the install thats hard its the setting up part. Its more like an old art form rather than a skill, sort of.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
hey uncle im going to have to RING one up for you with the oPinion funny!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
if you were to do the swap yourself it would save you a lot of money. the problem is that it is a pain in the ass to change gears in a dana.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts