Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, you guys remember that Full Throttle truck from the SEMA show? well guess what.... i saw it on the road. thought id share it with you guys. and get this... IT WAS A CHICK!!!

She ended up exiting the 60 freeway off on Diamand Bar Blvd.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Good eye man. Thanks for the real world, albeit highway, pics.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I bet somebody was just letting their honey drive it, it sits a little low in the rear doesnt it????

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Its got a dragging its butt too... As far as looks go it looks great except for that huge red flat wall under the truck some people like to call IFS.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I admit...it's a sweet looking truck, but I don't dig the new body style too much! ...and the IFS!!! :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Has anyone here drivin one? i went out and test drove one the other day and for an ifs it doesnt ride like a grandma car like i thougt it would.but no i still like mine better,also drove a brand new 3/4 ton 4x4 rc,lb i think im sold on one btw cummins engine. if i find the right one im getting it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Isn't IFS supposed to be a smoother ride than a solid axle? I drove the '02 the other day and it rode worse than my truck ever has.
By the way, saw the truck in my FOUR WHEELER in the SEMA article...nice little 10" lift. Even if it is IFS.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Ian, do you mean that the SEMA Ram is supposed to have 10" of lift??? What is that truck running, 35's or 37's???? They are crazy. 10" on a 1500 should sky 38.5's. Maybe I didnt get what you were saying. If that is Full throttle's 10" lift, then they need to learn to use a tape measure.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ever get the feeling that maybe Ford sent a spy engineer over to dodge to plant the IFS idea on the new Dodges?! Sorry man, just doesn't seem right! As they say, IFS...Inferior [email protected]##ing Suspension! Hope that engineer was beaten then fired!

When will one of the majors follow Fords lead when they broke ranks and spit out the F-350 Super Duty quad cabs. Pure work truck. Dodge was on to something when they came out with this whole new body style and logic in 94. Now they seem to be walking away from something that was working for them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
well.. the 1500's are all gearing towards soccer moms these days which is sad. The good news is the 2003 3/4 @ 1 tons will still be a live front axle. I was hoping maybe since they are using a new axle they would use leaf springs on the front :): but I heard from a guy with contacts it will still be the same 4 link, coil spring setup.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Check out the March 2002 issue of FOUR WHEELER, on page 44. The article MODIFYING THE MAYOR OF TRUCKVILLE reads..."CGS Motorsports and DaimlerChrysler teamed up to build this '02 Dodge Ram, which features CGS Motorsports' new air intake system and after-cat exhaust system. It also features a Full Throttle Suspension 10-inch lift kit, Colorado Custom 17-ich Slickrock wheels, BFG Mud-Terrain tires, a Trex billet grille, a Gaylord's Lids bed cover, Kodiak side steps, a Sir Michael's steel roll pan, and a full Visionik audio/visual system."

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Definately a not 10", kinda like lying about how long other things are.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
They look like they are far away from the fenders except at the corners, i think the tall wheel wells are decieving, 37's look small on crew cab s-duty's too. If you took a 2000 1/2 ram and put the skyjacker 5.5 and 3 body you could run 38 swampers, and that would only be 8.5" of lift.

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah thats true. But that is a live axle compared to ifs. a 10" ifs lift is more like a 7 or 8" lift on a live axle truck. Dont you think?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
yeah your probably right, i wonder how the turning is with the ifs compared to the solid axle, Would the tire track back under the truck further?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts