Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96' 1500 with a 360. I have 5" of suspension and 3" of body lift. My concerns right now are with the front drive shaft. My truck rides fine although it is a bit rough, which I believe is due to the front being maxed out. I practicaly had to step on my axle in order to put my spring spacers in, which were allready pretty well compressed. At any rate, when I go into 4 wheel drive, I seem to feel some vibration. I think the front drive shaft is binding. What is the best way to remedy this? This looks like it would be alot tougher to fix than the rear drive shaft which has the slip yoke. I also seem to be pulling slighlty to the right after the last two inches. This is after an alignment. I mention this because I remember that topic coming up before.
Thanx,
Topper

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Topper, which lift kit did you go with? I'm not familiar with a 5" kit that uses spacers.

Also, are you regular cab, extended cab? Short-box, long-box?

And when do you get the vibes in 4wd? what speeds and over what surfaces? When accelerating or when decelerating?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My truck is an extended cab short bed. I started with the Skyjacker 3" lift, then the PA 3" body lift. I just added 2" Daystars. I know it is not the best way to do it, but what can you do. At any rate, I changed my pitman arm, got sway bar brackets and a tracbar bracket. I did skimp on the control arms. I currently run the lower arm that came with the 3" kit and left the upper arm stock for now. I sit back about an inch off center in the well and my springs lean a bit. I plan on changing the arms as soon as I get the cash.
Topper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts