Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 1/2 ton has a homemade lift. You guys might laugh but I'm on a college budget and it works fine so I don't care. I have daystar coil spacers on top of coil springs off of a 3/4 ton. All together that makes me about 4 inches over stock. This is with the stock pitman and control arms. THe problem is that the control arms have swung down about as low as they can go and my tires sit just a little bit back in the fender. You only really notice it when one wheel is compressed and it is a lot closer to the back of the fender than the front of the fender. I was wondering if I could turn that cam bolt to basically push the axle forward from the control arm. I understand that it will be only a little abjustment but I only need about 1/2 inch. If this is possible, how do you do it? I have never even taken the bolts out.
Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
If you change those cams, you alter the caster of the front end. That will cause handling problems. The only thing to correct the rearward axle is longer control arms.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yeah, Jason's right... I almost said put a wedge between the leaf spring and the pad... but uhh... that wouldn't work for your new truck. LOL

-Chris

·
Registered
58 Posts
rufram. I just installed a 3" skyjacker on my 2001. I only got about 2 1/2 in the front, so i ordered the 3/4 in coil spacers from superlift. I'm a welder and will add another 1/4 to these spacers. That will be a total of 3 1/2 ....The Skyjacker LCA's are only about 1/8 to 5/32 longer then stock. I called skyjacker and was told this would be fine....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts