Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used the 2"front coil spacer from TUFF COUNTRY suspension? i guess it is designed the exact same way as the DAYSTAR brand but is made out of 1/4"steel that is completley welded.it is like 50.00 cheaper than the daystar brand so i was just wondering if anyone has them and if so i would like some feedback as soon as possible!thanks for the info.also is it possible to install these coil spacers without a spring compreesor??

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've used both before and I think there both good. I don't see any advantage over one or the other. If you follow the instructions, you shouldn't need a spring compresser. I've actually used a bottle jack between the frame and axle to get a little more access before, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's dangerous.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i put the daystars in mine. i chose them, simply because i didnt know there was another brand making them. i dont know if its actually true or not, but the daystars could possibly soften your ride a little because of the polyurethane absorbing some of the bumps. but if it were true i dont think it would make a huge difference.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I installed 2" tuff country spacers in my truck. I would definately recommend new shocks. I have seen no problem with these spacers at all since I have installed them, it took about 3 hours to install, and thats using all hand tools. You can see pictures of my truck if you want here.

http://www.geocities.com/g_loomis_02

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you think the ride is different compared if you would have used the daystar ones??
On 2002-03-30 19:45, Anonymous wrote:
Yes I put them on my 2001 and they put my nose in the air just right. I then added some 285/75r16 tires and there is plenty of room. I would guess 305 or 33's would fit ok. It took me about 2-3 hrs and it was fairly straight forward, I would defintly reccomend them. I should have a picture on here next week.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you recommend changing the shocks when installing the 2" spacers and if so what kind of shocks??i heard that on the 2500 you really dont need to but let me know what you guys think please!!i think i will get the tuff country spacers then since there is really no difference and they are about 50.00 cheaper!any thing bad about the tuff country coil spacers let me know tonight because im ordering them tomorrow morning! thanks alot everyone!

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i think with the spacer, you can pretty much go without getting new ones, but you will have limited travel. i havent put new shocks on ine yet, but havent had a problem, but others have. put the spacers in, then you can decide on the new shocks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
They(the manufacter) say you don't need longer shocks, but it depends on what your doing with the truck. If it's mostly street driven- you can get by with the stock shocks, but if your going wheeling, then I'd replace them with longer ones.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Rambrdr you have 2500 springs i doubt they would fit a chevy 1500

·
Registered
777 Posts
I would put new shocks on while you were doing the coil spacers. Just my opinion. It is SO easy just to put new shocks in why your there, might as well! I love mine, they work fine. I have the Rancho RS 5000, I think they could be a little stiff on a 1500, but on my 2500 they ride very nice.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Since your front will now be 2" taller, you would want to go with 2" longer, thats what I did with the RS 5000, and everything seems great. the RS 9000 are great, but a little more than I wanted to spend.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
first of all, rawkon is a 2x4 just like you. second, the solid axle was up until the 2002 1500's

·
Registered
19 Posts
does putting the 2inch spacers in without getting longer control arms place your axle farther towards the back. Has anyone put them on and then noticed some steering vibration or other problems? I saw a 1500 today that looked like it had 2inch spacers and his front axle looked like it sat back too far.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts