Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming in to some money (when the friggin government gets their butts in gear) when I get my refund, and I've decided to get a new front bumper. It is between ruenel and Road armor. What do you guys think? I think I'm going to put a milemaker hydraulic winch in it, but we'll see...plans could change. Thanks.

Nick.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I am moving more and more to the road armor type. i think it is a bit smaller and takes less ground clearance away

that or a custom fabbed unit

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
ROAD ARMOR!!!! It is so TOUGH! I can't wait to get my front bumper...I will be INVINCIBLE!!! HAHAHA...sorry, got a complex for a minute there...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, they do some sweet stuff with their bumpers too, a lot of neat little gadgets. Personally I like the black one on their website, on the Ford with the Diamond plate on the top of it. I would like something similar to that, but I like the D rings in the front of the one on the dodge, very helpful since I have no pulling points from the front of my truck right now.

Beast- When do you get yours, PICTURES!!! What style did you order?

Nick.

'99 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins QuadCab, 4 1/2" skyjacker Stage I,315/75/16 TXR's, K&N air filter, smitybilt brushguard with 2- 6X9 KC daylighters, pilot reverse lights, bedliner, front and rear door steps,Cobra CB, Bushwacker fender flares, More to come...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
My bumper does not look as sweet as a Ruenel, Road Armor, or Denver Offroad, But It is as tough as any and only costs 1/3 the price of the others, which will leave you about 1000 bucks for other crap to put on your truck. And the milemarker is definately, the way to go, 12K 2-speed.

·
Registered
432 Posts
If someone could help me with displaying a picture in my message, I would show you my Ranch Hand bumper. I like it. Solid construction and a great prep job on the paint. 6 years and counting and still looks good. My profile picture doesn't show the bumper very well.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Badboy4453,

Last time checked all of these bumpers are in the $1500 range.. I plan to get a Denver OffRoad bumper at some point. I like the looks of it and I love that fact that is weights about half of the others.
138#'s on the front axle instead of 300 for most of the others.

Last time I talked to the guy at Denver OffRoad he was working on a rear bumper as well. I can't wait to see that.

Bill

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
yeah i have a link, but it is tricky.....
<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.denveroffroad.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->
j/k :):

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not sure I like the aluminum, think it will hold up as well as the steel bumper would? I don't want to jerk the thing off the first time I have to pull someone out or someone has to pull me out. Thanks.

Nick.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think it is as strong but lighter, that is a quality of aluminum, it has a high strength to weight ratio.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I just talked with Lane at Denver and he's working on a front bumper for me right now. He seems like a good guy, he told me that it would take about 6 weeks (same as roadarmor) and there was no obligation to buy. The cost was $1500 for the bumper with brush guards and hook mounts and the black coating which he says is extremely durable.

I've actually decided against getting the bumper so anyone interested, it'll be done in about 5 weeks...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Aluminum is strong, but never as strong as steel. When you knock on the front bumper it goes CLANG! instead of CLUNK, you know it is tough. I haven't ordered my bumper yet, still paying for other stuff...the total price was around $2000 for the Road Armor with all the options, and when I do buy it, I will drive up to Seattle to have them fit it, to make sure there are no problems, not to mention that it is $250 in shipping cost, so I will save some money on it just in shipping...Plus I will get to swing down to Cali and do some wheeling...but that is probably next year...

·
Registered
69 Posts
On 2002-05-02 00:25, _ZAB_ wrote:
If someone could help me with displaying a picture in my message, I would show you my Ranch Hand bumper. I like it. Solid construction and a great prep job on the paint. 6 years and counting and still looks good. My profile picture doesn't show the bumper very well.

I'll just post mine.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Clint- thanks for posting yours so they could see. The one I have is the channel model, not the pipe. It's close enough though.

I still don't know how to put a pic in my message :(:

By the way- where do you wheel in the hill country? I visit my brother in law in Dripping Springs and we could use a place to ride. It's tough with all those ecologists from out of state buying all the real estate.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
_zab_ go to the <!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.pavementsucks.comforumsfaq.cgi" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->.

the thing with aluminum is that in the same exact design, it is weaker, but because it is so much lighter, there can be a lot more reinforcement. take connecting rods for example... top fuel uses it because they are lighter, but have you seen the alum rods compared to the steel rods? they are HUGE!! they can handle the gazillion hp that the top fuel dishes out.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Every now and then I look at the Reunel, and I go, that just doesn't look quite right...

For some reason it looks like it doesn't fit right, yet I see it at other angles and some other trucks and it's perfect.

Not really sure.

But I do like but them and Road Armor. I don't like Road Armor's laser-cut logos, and some of the other things they do the bumper, but that could probably be ordered around.

The Road Armor definitely looks like it's smaller and you less less clearance. I also think it follows the lines of the truck MUCH better.

However, to do it over again, I'd probably design my own, and either make it myself or have it made.

Need to learn to weld sometime.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i had mine made at a welding shop. it is E-NOR-MUS, so i have not put it on due to weight. a buddy of mine and i are going to shave some weight off, but that this is and will be unstopable. i paid under 400 for it. man it is the way to go. most fab shops can build you one from a pick similar to a manufactured one for 1/2 the price, or less.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts