Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend recently got a 89 Cherokee with 31 A/Ts, and has been going to allt he local mud holes. Last night we were all out muddin and we went home about midnight and he stayed out there and was gonna stay a little bit longer. He went through a huge puddle that was to deep for him. He bottomed out and muddy water was up to his rocker panels. He tried rocking back and forth and his engine started to overheat and he was low on gas. Him and his friend walked out and found a blazer wtih a guy anda girl in it, but they were "Busy". Theywent back to the jeep and slept until 8 in the morning and walked 2 miles to the gasstation usedthe payphone. Called me and I pulled htem out. He had to get a new radiator. Then later that day his battery went dead too. He has no luck at all aha
Cya
Britt

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I hope your friend learned a lesson from that experience. Not that mud can clog things up, but that it's not a good idea to wheel alone! Especiall at night Murphy will always come by and kick ya in the ass when you least expect it!
2 miles, I guess wasn't too bad a walk. Could have been worse huh? (raining)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yeah it could have been worse, it could have been out in the middle of nowhere. Thanks troy cya later

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I too did something kinda dumb like that... but I did get out! I was bringin my girlfriend home one morning and we decided to go down a road we like to take that has a bunch of huge puddles after it rains... (I love that, what more could you ask for, a GF that likes the mud!) Anyway, there is a side stop where they dump all the wash out sand from the river after spring floods. It was all flat and has a couple good sized mud holes... there was a dakota rippin it up and throwin mud all over so I thought, hell why not I got a Ram... well I tore it up bad throwin mud all over, truck was a mess... looked good to me... anyway, broght the GF home and on my way home, I said what the hell I will go again... well it was all fun until I decided to cut straight through a HUGE hole... I made it in about 50-75 ft when the front dropped about 3-4 inches and I stopped dead... felt the truck start to sink... I was at this point a little worried! I have a stock height truck with 285/75R16 Bridgestone Dueler AT's... I sat for a sec.. opened the door.. only to push wet sloppy mud with the bottom of the door... I thought I would be calling a tow truck... but I gave it some gas... she started to move... so I inched my way out. THANK GOD!

Anyway, total damage from the adventure ended up being around 20 bucks for a nice long car bath, 59 bucks for a new S belt (ended up full of small rocks embeded in it) and a new pulley (but dealer picked up that cost.. hehe, I NEVER OFFROAD.. LOL)

All in all, it was fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts