Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
prestone has a kit that you put a nozzle in the heater hoses and hook your hose up to it. then you put another nozzle in place of the radiator cap. it shoots out the water from the system. once the water changes to a nice clear stream you then disconnect everything and fill 'er up.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-11 21:17, HaWiiLuVeR wrote:
prestone has a kit that you put a nozzle in the heater hoses and hook your hose up to it. then you put another nozzle in place of the radiator cap. it shoots out the water from the system. once the water changes to a nice clear stream you then disconnect everything and fill 'er up.

do the mopars have drains on the block like chevys do?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
this kit doesnt use any draina. you put a coupler in the heater hose and thats it. they have the kits at pep boys. i dont know it they have the drains or not though.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My 94'has some problems, (fixed with a new radiator)The radiators have a small 1/4turn petcock with a tiny extension that I assume is the "faucet" that drains the coolant. Mine was stuck, and being plastic, I didnt want to force it. The petcock is located on the left side, at the bottom of the tank.
My new radiator has the same thing on it, and it was really hard to turn brand new! When I drain the system I just pull the lower hose. Simple and effective. I also have a large funnel to help catch the coolant, and divert it into an old cooler.
If you don't have a large funnel, one can be made by choppin up a 1 gal water bottle. Basically cut the bottom off, there ya go!
Troy

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Yep I just let the stuff flow out of the lower radiator hose...I have heard so many problems with that petcock I never even bothered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts