Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to here some pros and cons on the flowmaster 40 and 40 delta series. a sound clip would be great for a ram with a 5.9L motor. i know that there are sound clips on the flowmaster web page, but none for a 5.9L ram. thanks for your thoughts...

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have the non-delta flow 40 series 2-chamber on my truck and a friend has the delta flow 2 chamber on his F250. My truck is alot louder and has that classic flowmaster resonance at certain rpm levels. His truck has a quieter sound that does not change as much as the rpms go up and down. It comes down to personal preference. My friends F250 sounds better than it used to with a dynomax superturbo but I still like the more raw sound of the older style flowmaster mufflers over the delta flow.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
my friend has the orginal 40 series flow (not delta) and it sounds bad ass and gave great perfomance to the truck (he has the 5.9 on his dodge). ive got it on my Z71 and i love it so i would say to deff go for it!!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
heres a small video clip of my 5.9 with the 40 series flowmaster cat back system.
http://dryice.net/wmif/Off%20Road%20Videos/MOV00028.MPG

·
Registered
80 Posts
There is one goog part about Colorado is running straight pipes all the way from the headers back, now just waiting on the new JBA cat-foward system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts