Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently on fritzs tech board reading some meassges about dodge flashing 2000 and 2001 trucks. (reprogramming the computer ).i have a 2001with the 5.2 that has been in the dealer for a few things and am wondering if i had this done. somebody said there should be a sticker somewhere if so does anyone know where? people said there trucks felt sluggish and lost about 20%of there power. around the same time i got bigger tires on i took my truck to the dealer and it is noticably more sluggish. this might be the reason why my dads 99 5.2 with the same size tires and his is extended cab has much more power and could kick my trucks ass in a race, even with my truck having a gen II k&n and a cat back. the dealer didnt say anything about being flashed and if it was this could be an unauthorized repair? there is no way of putting this the way it was before? people have been trying to get the dealer to buy mopar performance chips for there 2000 but there isnt one available for the 2001. the 5.2 is discontinued so does this mean i have been a victim of the airheads that work at my dealer and my truck is permanenly screwed. daimyler chrysler is still doing this and knows about the problem and still wont do anything about it. this is the most outrageous thing i have ever heard come out of a vehicle dealership. maybe i should have bought a ferd? any ideas?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Buy a Mopar Performance computer! I did and it makes a big difference in acceleration. Its a direct replacement for the factory one. Only downside is you can only run premium gas with it. :(:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i want to find out if my truck was flashed first off, and if it has mopar doesnt make one specific for the 2001 yet, when i go to the dealer i am goign to raise hell if my truck was flashed and try to get soemthing from them.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2001-12-22 21:45, bigtruckin wrote:
i want to find out if my truck was flashed first off, and if it has mopar doesnt make one specific for the 2001 yet, when i go to the dealer i am goign to raise hell if my truck was flashed and try to get soemthing from them.

they usually put a sticker under the hood on top of the fuse panel cover saying it was flashed, when, and what revision date is was done on.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
wow......three years for that reply :roll:

·
Registered
231 Posts
On 2004-03-29 08:05, Born2mudd wrote:
wow......three years for that reply :roll:

That's pretty harsh. I think he was honestly trying to help, but did not check to see when the last post date was. He has only been a member since yesterday. 3-28-04.

On other forums, I get replies from threads from as far back as 10 months. 3 years has to be an internet forum reply record :bigthumb: .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts