Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 36x12.5-16 TSL radials an 16x8 HellCats with a close to stock offset will I need flare or will the tires not stick out very far?

Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
it only has a 9 inch tread width and you are putting them on an 8-inch wheel. i don't think that they will stick out very far. if you go with a flare, i would go with only about 1 1/2 inches... might be best to mount them up first.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
yeah i think if u put the flares on with that set-up it will make the tires look to narrow....take mccomas advice and mount em up first..then see what your workin with

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. That is what I was planning since the lift goes on Monday. I figure I can look at it there in the shop and figure out if I need or want flares. I kind of like the look without them but wasnt sure how far the tires would stick out.

Bill

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Bill,

It should be pretty flush like my truck. Do you know what the b.s. is on the wheels? Let me know when you're truck is done...I'd really like to see it! Let's hook up for lunch...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tunis,

The bs is very close to stock from what I am being told.
I guess I will find out in a day or two since I am leaving for Sac this after noon and the install starts in the morning.
Unless I find a hotel that has internet access I will be off line till late tuesday.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have 36/12.50/15 TSLs on 15x10 rims and I needed to get flairs (got pulled over for it)
I dont know what the BS is on these rims as I got them used (dose anyone know how to measure the BS?) I think a tire looks better if it is sticking out a little, I do think mine stick out a little to much!!!

Ray

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
To measure backspacing, take the tire off lay it so the back of the rim is facing up. Put something flat across the top of the rim, like a ruler. Measure from the flat edge of the ruler to the part of the rim that butts up against the rotor(hub seat), that is your backspacing. There is a picture at http://jtoutfitters.com/info/tires.html
Hope that helps.

Nick.

'99 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins QuadCab, 4 1/2" skyjacker Stage I,315/75/16 TXR's, K&N air filter, smitybilt brushguard with 2- 6X9 KC daylighters, pilot reverse lights, bedliner, front and rear door steps,Cobra CB, Bushwacker fender flares, More to come...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts