Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been wanting one of these for a whiel, but figured I'd never really need it. Apparently never is here. Lokoslike when I was running that creek trail at Frank Rianes this last time, I dented my front diff cover right inline with the ring gear and the bottom of the bulge in the cover. No grinding sounds so I assume it is not touching the gear.

I order this from http://www.fourxdoctor.com

It is $65 plus shipping and tax. It is the best one I have found (and no I can not make on myself) in my searching.

Not sure of the finish, but most likely primer black.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
is that for your front or rear diff? and can you get those for the rear?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Why did you choose that over an axle truss that connects to both sides Jaosn?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The axle truss skids tend to hold in a lot of mud, whereas it looks like this won't. Jason tends to see a lot of mud...

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its for the front diff. They do not make one yet for the rear diff.

It does not take eat any clearance. It uses the factory diff cover bolt holes and follows the general lines of the cover.

I did not pick a truss becuase they eat ground clearance and are succeptible to grabbing rocks and stuff and getting bent.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah i guess thats a good point since those bars do across the entire front suspension.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah i guess thats a good point since those bars do reach across the entire front suspension.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Jason, let me know how you like it. I seriously thought about buying one of those but don't seem to do the rockcrawling thing much. I think it looks cool.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Maybe if I had one of those 3 weeks ago I would not have bent my diff cover, Jason if you bent the dana 44 cover you are the man, those puppies are thick, nice job. Jason when you install it do you think you will be able to do it without changing the seal on the differential?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
It is easy to install Big, just remove the associated bolts on the cover, around the bottom and put the guard on, and put the bolts back in. The cover should stay in place, if Permatex was used. My buddy that was up there with me, Wes, has these on his Jeep, Front and rear. They are pretty cool in opinion...

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am going to remove the cover to pountd out the dent and cahnge the fluid. Its time anyway, but it will install without removing the cover if the lip is not all bent.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah if the diff cover uses a good gasket then taking out the bottom bolts won't cause it to come off. Both of my diff covers I had to whack with a rubber hammer pretty good before they came off.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Do they use round stock or thickwall tubing? Round stock would be stout as hell, thick wall tubbing could dent, but you'd have to hit a rock at about 25.....so I doubt it will happen. :D:

Nick.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
For those of you guys with the 2500 and 60 and 70 axles, the 70 is the same boltpattern as the 60 so we can order a pair, maybe they will give you a break on a pair. I think they will be my next modification, next week. Hey jason can you get them powdercoated or just black primer?

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure. Didn;t ask. But you can probably get it coated for and extra $30-40, jsut have to ask... It was a phone order deal so I do not know anything about the shop or options...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Biginuf, I have the 60 in the front and the 80 in the rear, do you happen to know if the 60 and the 80 have the same bolt pattern?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
No, im think the 80 is different, the 60, 61, and 70 are the same.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts