Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gears :rotfl:

I went hunting last week and driving in the deep sand at the ranch sucked hardcore with the 35s. I had to haul a$$ everywhere and was tearing up my clutch getting going. 3.42s + V-6 + 35s = :puke:

It was seriously pissing me off. I had 4.56s and a loc right on my shelf for a while but some dude with a Z-71 and an impulse control problem decided he wanted them then and there, paid more than they were worth.

I ordered the gears and master install this morning from Randy's R&P because I've heard good things about Yukon stuff and this purchase wasnt really planned. I already called and set up the install, 100 bucks :bigthumb: . I have a good buddy who fixes old Benz's and is a mechanic for Lockheed Martin. I've driven in 4th gear on the hiway for the past 2 years and I'm glad this BS is gonna be over soon. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
On 2005-11-21 17:16, NickM wrote:
I really didn't feel any difference when I went to 4.56s. But i was running 38s. But I am sure your transmission will thank you.

I bet he will notice a big difference though because it's a stick. That's how it was with mine...took alot less riding the clutch to get rolling, and the low end was much better, not to mention highway speeds. In autos, it's less noticeable. At least that's been my experience.

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
i aqint even read your post, and ima say, aint NOOOOOOOOO derty ho bag in south texas gonna give you no derty leg, wether they from acuna or not....

Your an ugly mawwwfawka :loser:
i wouldnt even let you molest one of the uggliest con mi chivos'

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On 2005-11-21 20:31, Chris wrote:

I bet he will notice a big difference though because it's a stick. That's how it was with mine...took alot less riding the clutch to get rolling, and the low end was much better, not to mention highway speeds. In autos, it's less noticeable. At least that's been my experience.

:withstupid:

My idle speed in 1st gear is like 8.4 miles an hour it sucks :cuss:

Off road I'm toasting my clutch, I actually had to not take my truck to the ranch lately because its a bitch to drive.

Oh and Fatass, your chivos aint got nuthin :flipoff:

South Texas bitches are easy, its the Kingsville chicks that are stuck up
:bluecry:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
On 2005-11-21 22:10, NickM wrote:
I wanna see yall 2 get drunk together. Yall could keep me laughin all night long :slap:

:withstupid: :withstupid: Sounds pretty good. I could tell a difference on my 97' when I put the 4:56's in. It helped out quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can I just drill out the bolt holes in the yoke and convert to a U-bolt style u-joint retainer?

Avoid having to order a new yoke.

Also I need to replace the "bushing" in the rear of the tranny, standard 5 speed. I cant find the p/n for the bushing through gmpartsdirect.com. It keeps showing an auto p/n even under the manual listing. How hard is it to install this bushing? I heard you have to pull of the tailshaft. I'm just trying to figure what this is gonnna cost me.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Driveshaft is bent :cuss:

I wonder how That happened :roll:

Need to get it fixed or a new one made?????? I need this thing on the road by sunday.

Gears are in, tranny repairs ar underway. Drivers side hub bearing is bad and my tie rods are crap.

Another 1200 in repairs :rotfl:

screw it I got 4.56s :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a new D-shaft made for 150 bucksand solved the problem. The guy made some measurements and went an inch longer than stock.

Time to break in the gears now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts