Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I finally figured out what I am going to do to my new 2002 2500 Diesel that is on order.

It looks like I am going to end up with a Skyjacker 4.5 Class II system with leafs not blocks in the rear.

It is going to sit on a set of Centerline HellCat 34s wraped in some 36x12.5x16 Swamper TSL radials.

Does anyone know where I can see any pictures of some 2500s set up that way?
If anyone local has a 2500 with a 4.5 lift on it I would really like to check it out before I get mine done.

·
Registered
67 Posts
http://earthroamer.com/galleries/20001215/gallery.html

·
Registered
340 Posts
check out <!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.truckworld.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End --> under the readers rides section go to the dodge board... Hope this helps.. DDGETHS

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the links guys. I will take a look at some of the truck there.

I was really hoping to find someone in my area that has a truck set up this way so I can go and check it out in person.
I want to make sure that it will not be too much of a hassle to get in and out of every day going to and from work.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Sounds like the president or owner of Skyjacker's truck... 4.5" lift, TSLs... Looks SWEET!

It used to be on the skyjacker site, but I guess not now.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Now, correct me if I am mistaken, but the Skyjacker system does NOT replace the rear leafs and block with just a new leaf pack. I had looked into this, and no matter what, the suspension lift will always use the factory block, unless you go custom aftermarket and get a replacement leaf pack made. 2500's have a factory 5" block back there, and the Skyjacker leaf pack uses the block to attain the extra height. Just saves you from having to take the current leaf pack apart and put in the add-a-leaf. Most people are scared to take apart leaf packs by themselves, just because they don't have the tools or the knowledge. I found the rear add-a-leaf to be pretty easy, and only took about an hour to do start to finish. Of course, I could be wrong...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sure that the truck will look great but I am a little worried about the height.

Can anyone tell me if it will be compairable in height to a 1500 with a 5 inch lift or what?
I really want to see one before I commit to this.

I do not know if there will still be any blocks in the back but the SYSTEM does come with new rear leafs not an add a leaf.

If any blocks are used they might be the factory but I do not know for sure.
It shouldnt be that hard to find out. Call Skyjacker and ask them if you really need to know.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey Bill_L go to http://www.siblingrivalry.com go to readers rides there's a couple there, check out dodgezilla 9th picture down in middle row. And check out the 17th picture down in the 1st row.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are some nice trucks on those links.
I can't wait to get mine and have it all done up.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
My 4 1/2 came with rear add a leafs and blocks. Only reason I got that was because I had already ordered the heavy springs in the rear end, and didn't want to have them replaced since I had spent the money on them as an Option. I think you can get them as a leaf pack to replace the stock springs though.

Nick.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I am getting has new rear leaf springs. I figured that they were the best way to go when changing the height that much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts