Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys been hunting for a yota again after about a 5-6 year drought.have all these parts kicking around for years and might kick the dust off and put them back in use again.

heres what i got.84 reg-cab long box 22r,5 speed,2 inches of lift and 31s.

heres what i have thats laying around-complete v8 conversion with mounts,exhaust,fittings,rad,extended,hybrid driveshafts.13 inch lift complete cept shocks(will rob from my blazer)axle trusses,rear locker and front lincoln locked diff.

oh yeah my 39 inch mickeys off the blazer will have to share space with the yota.

what do yous think about it?should i sell the stuff or go nuts?

i got 2 bigguns now(chevys)but always wanted to go bezerk.

btw the truck is decent,need dr door and fender and tail gate and reading 120 miles on it.

heres the kicker---i give 2 driveshafts and 40 bucks for it!!!yes i said 40 bucks

the big head really hurts but am enjoying it to death opinions welcome please!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
well, if I were you, I would build it up,,,,, but I personally would like for you to sell it because that is what I am looking for. So, if you decide to sell it, please let me know I am definatly interested.
thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry rob but like i said ive been yotaless way too long.

plus were only about 3000 miles from me so......

i know theyre a good little motor but THAT good,i dont know!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hell, I would build - but if you want a good 4Runner, check out a trip to Phoenix or California for a clean truck with no rust or eastern type problems! If you are going to sell what you have - keep (obviously) what you could reuse to the new rig! :):
LUV24BY

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey fellas ive been TINKERING with my toy here the last 2 weeks since i got it and heres what frankenstien is up to.

-stock 22r with underwater snorkel and waterproof igniyion for water crossings.

-lincoln locked front and rear

-10 inches of lift all around

-half elliptical rear springs on top of 9 inch lift springs.

-front 11 inch with homemade revolver shackles

-both front and rear custom shock mounts using factory length shocks mounted at center of both axles.

-all shocks and sway bar mounted on quick disconnects

-front and rear shafts with cv joints,both at tops of shafts.

-reinforced frame(where they rot)and 2 new crossmembers fo strength.

-the 1 crossmember is also the new mount for the fuel tank and a driveshaft safety loop for the rear.

-mounts on frame for a spare front and rear shaft to carry with me.

-permanently mounted tow strap at rear for pulling or being pulled.

-all poly bushings underneath

and the truck as ugly as hell.

before i did the front and the sway bar still attached i lifted the passenger rear tire 37 inches above the ground and removed the dr rear tire and stood on the rear drum and it touched the ground at the same time the front wheels were also on the ground.

what do you think fella.do i have a formula going here or what?

any and all opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry i will be running 35 inch bfgs mts and my 39 inch mickeys will fit also if i dont flex it too hard.i probably cant turn the 39s but will be able to turn the 35s.

looking for a 20 r head that isnt ported and a header for it.those 83 ponies under the hood aint enough.

will be installing a sbc in it probably next winter.for now i hope the clutch doesnt crap out.that would suck [email protected]!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would be happy to get pics while im putting it together.havent got a digital camera and the work is damn near done.

need inforamtion like diagrams and measurements for length.width,and degree slope to build a ramp for our local club.

would anybody have these?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Most people are building ramps at 30degree's now, it seems to be the new "standard" The ramps are about 20-24 inches wide and probably need to be 10'-12' long.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is there a set standard that you can get the true measurements from.

i knew of the degrees but also a width and a length would be nice for sure measuremnets

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i belong to a local club up here and you can see some pics of my other 2 trucks there.

i believe they are the only 2 white trucks in the club they are 81 and 94 chevs if anyone is interested.the site is called---

belleville mudd boggers.

if you punch that in the puter you can get there.im computer retarted so i cant even post pics here.sorry

·
Registered
52 Posts
here is a great article on how to build a RTI ramp with all of the spec's and pics. hope it helps

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/rti/

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks fellas a ramp will be built here within a couple of weeks.

sort of gathering steel now for when the welding will start

it will be adjustable from 23-30 degrees and will be transportable as well.

again when i get some pics ill post of all my stuff.thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts