Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i got a 1996 dodge ram 2500 5.8l and my ole man insists that the yokohama geolander p.o.s. tires that came on are the s***. i think they are s*** and he won't get new ones. i'm pissed cause we share the truck since it can't legaly be mine for another month. and i took it off road and almost got stuck in mud less then a foot deep. i just wanted to hear what others thought about them. i personaly think they suck and refuse to drive the truck or put any thing into the truck till he changes them.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
How about save some money and in a month or so put new tires on it. As well as transfer it to your name. See if you can find used ones with better tread than the ones you have on it currently. Check the FOR SALE section to see if you could find something that you could use.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Are these the HT or the AT? The HT is the highway tread and will not work for s*** off road. Even the All Terrain will not be that good in mud. They are for trail driving not good at all for mud or anything messy.

Once the truck is fully yours I would get a set of tires that will do what you want them to do.

Your dad probably likes the tires becouse they ride nice and are very quiet while driving.

Bill

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tru but he wont sign it over till im 18 which is next month so im just going to wait it out. it will also give me time to save money for the tires, lift kit and every thing else i need.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Have fun paying insurance bud! I pay mine and me driving a 6000 lb beast with a V8 and being 22 does not help my wallet one bit! As for the tires BFD man, change em yourself and get some MT's or boggers :):

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does it really matter what everyone else thinks of those tires? The important thing is that YOU don't like them. I don't have much tire advice but, if you let the folks here know what you'll be doing with your truck (for example, mostly roads but also want to be able to get through foot-deep mud) and what your budget is, maybe they can recommend a better tire for you. There are a lot to choose from.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When you can afford to buy the tires you want buy em. Until then I'd stop saying you won't drive it casue it's got to beat walkin.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Power brake it until the tires are bald, when your dad gets mad and says you owe him a new set of tires- go buy some with aggressive tread :rant:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yokohama.....hoochiemama.......maypops.... I just dont care so long as I'm riding and not walking. Who's trucks is it anyway (who bought and who is paying for it?) THe reason I sak is because if I had gottin mad at my folks because I didnt like the tires they were buying and putting on a truck that I drove.. shoot...first I would have gottin a tuf Sh#$t and then they would have said ok fine you by them, and if you havent looked lately nice tires arent cheap! I dont mean to sould like an adult my dont look a gift horse in the mouth.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I had 44" dick cepek fun country that were not worth a crap, dont get those. My friends and I sold those tires around to 6 or 7 different people, nobody wanted them after they rode on them, get a BFG or PROCOMP.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
the tires do look good and all but i think thats as far as they go...just looks. i havent heard anyhthing positive about em and most people arent that satisfied with the performance.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
from what ive heard is that the fun country is more a street tire then a off-road tire mostly for huge trucks that are never gonna go off road and pound the concrete alot ya know
NEil

·
Registered
295 Posts
Quite whinning and wait a month. A month isn't very long. While waiting for the month to go buy roast those tires. Then buy your own when he transfers it to your name.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im not complaining i just wanted to show him that his tires arent the best. i plan on waiting. i really have no choice.

·
Registered
362 Posts
SO far I would ssay that I like my procomp xterrains, so I would have to recomend them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts