Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey did anyones truck come factory with a steering stabilizer? i swear i have one on my 98 qc sport 4x4. there is a shock attached to the front axle and then to the steering linkage? who all else has one?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-03-12 17:18, sportram wrote:
Hey did anyones truck come factory with a steering stabilizer? i swear i have one on my 98 qc sport 4x4. there is a shock attached to the front axle and then to the steering linkage? who all else has one?

thats your steering stabilizer, i believe all over them came with it. myself as well as others on here put 2 stabilizers on.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yea dude, I got one, as do all I believe. I can't wait until i get the money to lift my truck 'cause then I'm going with dual stabilizers.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I think most 4x4's come with stabalizers.
Like all stock shocks they are prolly crap.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I've got one also...had a factory one and replaced it with a Skyjacker one when I got the lift installed...

·
Registered
969 Posts
My lift came with a new stabilizer, is it really beneficial to get dual stabilizers??

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
i would say yes if you had HUGE tires

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
single (good one) is fine up to 35s... But I've killed my Rancho RS5000 single. Think banging it on the ground a few times was bad for it...

3 nice dents. Doesn't work as well as before.

I think I'm going to replace it with a dual "universal" setup, and try to raise them above the axle tubes so they don't continue to get crushed.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Well on my half ton the stabilizer is mounted on the drag link at an angle so I don't really have to worry about hitting it on something.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i have one on my 2500. well had one until i bashed it on a rock somewhere and dented it all to crap. it was effecting my steering.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so can i take that stock one off and is there one that fits with no modifications?

·
Registered
969 Posts
There are aftermarket stabilizers that will fit a truck without lift. I had a rancho stabilizer on my truck before I had a lift.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i mean like that i can just swap out the old one for the new one? and when i lift my truck 3 inches will it change the length?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a factory stabalizer on mt ford ater i ripped the forth onr in half i siad forget it and now i have no stablizer and i cant tell a diffrence and plus it gives me a few more inches of front approch angle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts