Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the OEM LSD in the rear diff and Im wondering if its worth keeping? Or should I just replace it out with the Auburn LSD or even a type of locker? Im changing my R&Ps, so since Ill be in there, kill two birds with one stone. Im thinking, if the OEM LSD is worth keeping, use that money towards the front diff.! Any opinions? :D:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Well because I still drive mine on the pavement I'm keeping my LSD because its good enough for me. A locker up front is the key because half the time you can get both tires to spin with a LSD. Are you thinking of air lockers?

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
A locker up front on a daily driver is asking for extra wear and tear on the t-case and stuff, unless it is a selectable one (i.e. ARB). I have changed my mind and will only do an ARB up front on my truck now (whenI can afford it)

I blew up my factory LSD, that is why I have the Detroit now. I can get so much farther with less effort now with the lcoker cuz the LSD would slip at the most inopportune times.

·
Registered
969 Posts
did the clutch burn out Jason? I hear thats a common problem with LSD's when using them hard.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
It was actually built too tight from the factory and all six clutch pack retainers (3 each side) sheared off. It was rebuildable (as are most LSDs) but the damage it caused would have cost extra in repairs so I upgraded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts