Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '01 ram 1500 slt., and i have all the factory decals that came with it, including the RAM 1500 V8 on the door , the balck strip of door molding the SLT stamped on the door and the decals on the tailgate. my question is if there is any way to get these off? i have seen slt models without all the trimmings and like the way they look, do you have to order them like that specially? just curious.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
will this method get off the big strip of molding and the big plastic ram 1500 v8 or just the decals?

·
Registered
23 Posts
It shouldn't damage anything unless you start pullin it off without a hairdrier or heat gun. I've removed lots of decals, pin striping, molding, etc... use a hair drier (I perfer a heat gun because it gets hotter quicker) to loosen up the glue/adhesive, that'll allow you to pull off the decals with ease. You might use a flat razor blade to start peelin them off, just use common sense. Don't dig into the paint, just slide it across until it grabs the molding and stuff, its really not that hard.

Then after its off, use Goo Gone, or I use a little rubbing compound (3M is the best!), it removes the glue and smoothes the paint out for a real nice finish. Used to do that on the cars I detailed for friends.

-Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts