Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I an looking into lifts for the future. I was wondering if anyone has tried or seen this installed and your opinions on this lift. I will probably get the kit with new leaf springs and dual front shocks. Any info would be greatful. This would be an a '96 4x4 1500 Ram.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
i havnt heard anything bad about fabtech lifts. I know they are pretty expensive but know they do use good quality parts.

·
Registered
969 Posts
They give you new shocks, coils, upper and lower arms, track bar relocation brackets, rear springs, dual shocks are an option, reinforced pivot points, no cutting or welding required. Fabtech is a very reputable company and they make a quality kit.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I WAS TOLD SKYJACKER ALL THE WAY!!MOST OTHERS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEEDS FABRICATING AND OR DOES NOT GO RIGHT.... I WAS TOLD THIS BUY A GUY WHO HAS DONE 11 LIFTS...JUST ANOTHER OPINION I SUPPOSE...(o:

·
Registered
362 Posts
What I heard is as follows:Fabtech=Craptech
Superlift=Stupidlift---- Go with Skyjacker. I chose Rough Country cause they provide upper and lower link arms, track bar bracket, swaybar brackets, and shocks and added 3in skyjacker springs instead of the coil spacers and a PA body lift for a total of 6in of lift. I couldnt be happier with the combintaion, its very cost effective. I have about $750 tied up in 6in of lift, I would have liked to run the skyjacker 7in kit soon to be released but for $2000 +/-, I dont think so. Thats just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
My friend in PA with the ram and supercharger run the fabtech 5" lift and a 3" body, he has no prob with his 38's, his truck is black and the bright blue looks great on his truck.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
there is someone on this site with the fabtech lift... HEY YOU WITH THE FABTECH, COME HELP US. lets hope he heard that.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
...as the wheels slowly grind away... LUV24BY has the Fab Tech lift. He is also one of the moderators. I personally just have the little bitty Pro Comp 3", even though if I had the money I would have gone with the FabTech...or made my own. I've heard that you have to cut some stuff for the Fabtech, most others are just bolt on.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
The Fabtech is a good lift, but it does require some cutting and front d-shaft mods.

LUV24BY jsut had a baby (well his wife did) so he is on "sabatical"

·
Registered
969 Posts
As far as that guy that did 11 lifts he's wrong. Trailmaster, Superlift, Skyjacker, Fabtech are all good lifts for Dodge. My trailmaster gave me a new track bar that alot of people are envious of becuase its much better than the factory one. A guy that owns an off road shop nearby says all those companys make quality lifts.

·
Registered
503 Posts
well.......i would not say he is wrong! how many have you installed??..he likes them and likes the install of skyjacker... it just his opinion so as far as wrong ...not realy

·
Registered
503 Posts
im sure they all are nice lifts...some probably harder or more difficult to install...i myslef would not know about to do my 1st one with lots of help!! nice truck outlaw!

·
Registered
503 Posts
i gotta say i do like the fab tech look..i like the blue! but i already ordered skyjacker

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
A bud here in richmond bought the 5" superlift kit for his dodge, the track bar bracket they have with that kit sucks he said, about 2 months later he was running with a skyjacker drop track bar bracket.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
i would have to say out of all the 1/2 ton lifts Superlift has the worst design with the wishbone control arm setup. that putting alot of stress on just 2 mounting points. plus it also seems like it would want to pivot in an arc instead of up and down like the 4 link setup does. if we could only get skyjacker to use double jamb nuts and some other way besides the use of a pipe wrench to tighten the double flex system.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I talked to someone with Fabtech before. He said the system was awesome for a short time. The A arms broke, twice, and the shocks didn't last to long. Go with Skyjacker. I'm told its the best. I'M TOLD.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hey Guts61, check your e-mail I sent you some picks of mine. I don't know where some of these guys get their information, but here's my viewpoint. Fabtech rocks period. I've bought Rancho, Skyjacker, and Tough Country, built four jeeps (one from the frame up) and three trucks. Now I won't bash Skyjacker because they do make a quality lift, but I didn't have to do any driveline modifications nor did I have to custom fabricate a thing and this baby rides excellent. My only suggestion is that you go with the DT track bar in place of the fabtech spacer and buy quality shocks. I went with Rancho RS9000's because they ride and perform excellent. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
fabtech seems to be proud of what they make. i run the 3" skyjacker (which is for sale due to lack of alltitude), but i am fixin'n to order the 5" skyjacker. a buddy of mine and i installed it in a few hours in his drive way. gatta love not having ifs!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dont wanna sound stupid but i am still kinda new to this so..... What is the DT track bar. Please give me more info. Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts