Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lifted my Ram 5", but retained the stock brake lines. I know the brake lines were relocated when the lift was installed. I know I should replace them with steel braided brake lines, due to the huge 35" rubber I added. Is it necessary to get extended brake lines as well??? :dunno:

Jason,

You Flex your Ram pretty good, are you running extended brake lines?

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Tunis,

I have been looking high and low for these things and noone seems to have a listing for them that I can find. Someone said that Russell makes them but all I found on their side was a listing for 95-97 with a 4 inch lift. I do not know if these will work with any other years or not. I have not have time to call and ask.

I would also be a little worried about running them since I had a set of Russell lines on my Mustang at one point and when i went to upgrade my brakes the lines snapped off with very little pressure on them.

Jet Stage II chip
Custom FlowMaster Exhaust
Mopar Performance Roller Rockers
TransGo Shift kit w/ Amsoil Synthetic ATF
Monster Stereo System

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I talked to the guy at http://www.brakeco.com and he said stainless braided "kit" for lifted Rams is available for $95. If you talk to him, please let him know you heard about him from this site.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jason,

Is that $95 for a pair or an entire set of 4? Keep me posted... :D:

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Not sure how much longer, I asked him about a 3" lift and he just said "Lifted kits avaialble for $94.95"

The kit is all three lines. One for each caliper and one rear one fromt eh frame to the distribution block at the axle vent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.