Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lifted my Ram 5", but retained the stock brake lines. I know the brake lines were relocated when the lift was installed. I know I should replace them with steel braided brake lines, due to the huge 35" rubber I added. Is it necessary to get extended brake lines as well??? :dunno:

Jason,

You Flex your Ram pretty good, are you running extended brake lines?

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Tunis,

I have been looking high and low for these things and noone seems to have a listing for them that I can find. Someone said that Russell makes them but all I found on their side was a listing for 95-97 with a 4 inch lift. I do not know if these will work with any other years or not. I have not have time to call and ask.

I would also be a little worried about running them since I had a set of Russell lines on my Mustang at one point and when i went to upgrade my brakes the lines snapped off with very little pressure on them.

Jet Stage II chip
Custom FlowMaster Exhaust
Mopar Performance Roller Rockers
TransGo Shift kit w/ Amsoil Synthetic ATF
Monster Stereo System

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I talked to the guy at http://www.brakeco.com and he said stainless braided "kit" for lifted Rams is available for $95. If you talk to him, please let him know you heard about him from this site.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Jason,

Thanks for the info. Did he tell you how much longer than stock these lines are?

Do you know if he has them for all years or if there is any difference in the lines from year to year?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jason,

Is that $95 for a pair or an entire set of 4? Keep me posted... :D:

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Not sure how much longer, I asked him about a 3" lift and he just said "Lifted kits avaialble for $94.95"

The kit is all three lines. One for each caliper and one rear one fromt eh frame to the distribution block at the axle vent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts