Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting a flowmaster 50 SUV series muffler with 3" pipe from the cat back with a mandrel bent tailpipe on my wifes '95 Yukon. Does anyone have this setup and if so how does it sound. I am also considering putting stainless headers on. What brand does anyone recommend for ease of install and power gains and longevity.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
i dunno what exaclty your looking for as far as sound and all that. i have a 40 series and love it!!! its loud sounds bad ass and gives good performance. my personal opionion would be the 40 series but if you dont want it loud then ya go with 50

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have a friend with borla headers and a 40 series flowmaster, and he loves it. It sounds mean but when ur cruising it isnt that loud inside.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
the 50 series has a nice mellow sound, but the 40 series 2 chamber has a get the hell out of my way sound to it. and not that nasty glass pack sound. it is noce. i have the JBA headers. i strongly recomind them. just make sure you get the stainless ones, and not the nickel plated ones.

96 Dodge Ram 1500 360 w/ auto trans. Extras include JBA headers, K&N filter, Mopar computer, 35,000 lbs trans cooler, shift kit, 3" Skyjacker sysrem, 4.10 gears detriot locker, and 35X12.50 tires on 15X10 rims.
Soon to come 5" skyjacker, Mopat R/T cam and heads.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
If you want a good sound i would go with the 40 series, the 50 series gives a much more mellow sound and is very different, if you want the 40 series agressive sound without the interior resonance, id say get the delta flow 40 series, its a few bucks more but its worth it if you want the sound outside and not too much on the inside. I have gibson headers and i have no complaints with them, they were easy to put on and there was a definate increase in power. They look good and only cost me $200 at truckperformance.com

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
hey biggreenmonster how much were those JBA headers. and just wanderin what is the difference in sound from stock to new headers. i know the performance will be there just wanderin how it ill sound

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
My exhaust runs through a small flow pro muffler, that splits into 2 3" tubes that run back and exit on either side of the hitch, it sounds bada$$, and the flow pro was dirt cheap.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Negative i actually just dropped the bumper down for the Fu#&%@ng police dept here, normally there is about a 3/4" gap. But no, no rattling.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
white, i paid @ 400 for the JBA's i think, i will dig for a recept. i like them a lot. i wish i would have done them first. that is the bolt on item that you can feel! the exhasut noise was not much diffrent, to my dispair, but you can hear them in the cab at low rpm's. now if you have the right year z71 you can run true duels, and they might talk a little more out the back. also, look into running a free flow cat. i can promiss you, if you want a tough ass sounding ride, start with the JBA's go threw some free flow cats into a set of 40 series 2 chamber flowmasters. i can promis you will get attintion.

if you go with the JBA's make sure you get the stainless steel. if you are into looks go with the coated stainless, but it will be about $100 more. one of my friends has a 95 Z and he has the nickel headers, and he had some problems, but the stainless ones are the deal.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Im runnin a flowmaster 40 series and i cut the exhaust short right after the muffler.
It sounds real deep and throaty. Ive been setting off car alarms everywhere i go.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
this makes me mad, but i will give it to chevy. in 97 they all came ture duel to the muffler and went single from there. if you do not have tis set up, i would not try it. i only have like 18" of single pipe. if you are fimiler with the dodge set up, it is the portion of the exhaust that is between the 2 O2 sensors. it runs duel into my cat, and duel after the 2nd sensor with duel 40 series flowmasters. i will get two back one day, but untill then it is good enough.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Big Green....u have the 40 series with JBA headers right??? with the 360..i have the 360 and a single in dual out 40 series Flow too and it sounds bad ass, but i wanna add headers eventually...is it worth the 500 bucks for the JBA headers???? Thanks
-Neil

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i have not had one single problem with my JBA's. like i said before, i wish i would have put them on as soon as i bought the truck. i recommend the upgrade. you should not be dissatisfided

1 - 15 of 15 Posts