Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my stock exhaust with aftermarket exhaust, new headers, new cat, new cat-back system and i even put in a new o2 sensor. my stock headers didnt have any plugs or holes or anything on them, but my aftermarket headers have a hole on one side and it's threaded. when i start the truck, the temp gauge reads all the way hot, as soon as i start it. is there a thermostat i need to buy and insert into the header? should i plug the whole? is it a coincidence that my thermostat went out when i did my exhaust? any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
612 Posts
the hole is there because some models have another o2 sensor, all you need to do is put a bolt in that hole to plug it up, then most likely replace the temperature sending unit not the thermostat to fix the gauge problem

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what and where is the temperature sending unit? how come my gauge reading is way off?

·
Registered
612 Posts
yes it will run fine, but the temp gauge still won't work, and make sure you get a bolt that doesn't protrude that far into the exhaust pipe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts