Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i am open to all opinions here, should i beef up the old 258 str8 six and make it a monster, or should i be like everybody and their grandma and put a Chevy 350 small block in it, or maybe a 327? or how about a 502 with a blower? hahaha, riiiiight. what do ya'll think?

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Depends on what you really need. Lots of folks like the 350 swap, parts are cheap and everywhere. The Vortech 4.3L swap is getting real popular as well. Or keep the 6 and install a Atlas II to get your low end and keep the mileage up for the street.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You never mentioned what year your Jeep is and if it is smog exempt or not. If it is smog exempt, they I would go for a 350hp/327. If you are not smog exempt, then Chevy offers a sweet Ramjet 350 crate motor that looks like it could put out some serious ponies.

·
Registered
365 Posts
in his profile it says he had a 01 ram y is it in the jeep section?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I myself decided to beef the straight six in that Jeep over there in my avatar, and have never regretted it. It has TREMENDOUS low end torque, and on the highway it still can take a severe grade at 80+, without a running start! Theres alot to be said for a small block 8, and they do kick major butt, however, I get really good gas mileage with my six, and Ive never wanted for more power.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
:withstupid:
what about putting a 4.0L head on it out an XJ,and the Atlas case???
No more carb problems, and lower gears :D:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts