Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if yall have a ABC ( American Battery Corp ) near yall but here is my question...

ABC sells a electronic fuel pump for $30 that looks like a transformer out of an old electronics device, while Pep Girls sells one for $50 that comes with everything and is a round cylinder. Is there a real difference? Is one better than the other?
thanks

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I don't have an ABC outlet around me anywhere. But I firmly believe in "you get what you paid for" I used to go for the "cheaply" priced parts for my jeep, but would always end up replacing them way to fast. I don't bother with remanufactured parts anymore. The part is new or it's not going in my vehicles.
I can't say which of the fuel pumps would be better, although, I'd offer these words, which ever one looks closer to your stock application, is the one that you should choose.
Troy

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
That phrase about the stock application doesnt apply here because they didnt use electric fuel pumps in '78. As far as electric, I would go with a Holley blue pump. Summit Racing sells it for around $80 i think. its a definate good buy. i tried the summit brand pump, which is usually made by a name brand just with the "summit" stamped on there. dont even bother with it. i replaced it 3 times before i finally just upgraded to the holley. its a good pump.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
oh and if it matters, the holley pump is really quiet. the summit pump was really loud i could here it over a LOUD gear drive in my chevelle. the holley, i can barely hear with the engine off. just make sure you use the rubber they give you, and even get some more from the local hardware store. that helps the noise too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts