Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 ram 4x4 and today i took out the light that is underneith the hood because it didnt work , so what i did was i just cut the wire and put eletcical tape on the end, and when i did this i got in the truck and turned it on and the radio and the dome lights would not come in , and i check the fuses and they are all good, so if you guys have any idea as to what is goin on that would be a big help

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Why? was the bulb bad? there is a mecury switch in there, sometimes you need to bend the mount a little to get the switch to activate.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
There's also a connector that can simply be unplugged. Why cut something when unplugging it works. Now, you'll need to repair the connection by either solderless terminals or soldering it back together if you choose to ever use the light again.

·
Registered
246 Posts
ok there has to be more to it then that. you may have blown a fuse. check them with a test light to be sure. when you cut the wires there is still enough to be exposedto short sometimes. all so make sure you taped them seperatly if thats what you want to do. but it sounds like you shorted something and blew a fuse. the light for the hood light is in the same curcut as all the other stuff you listed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts