Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I having trouble trying to edit my pictures small enough to post. I have them saved in my folder but the pictures are way too many pixles. Is there an easy way to explain how to make them smaller? Remember, I'm computer illiterate.
Thanks-

·
Registered
23 Posts
i would also like to know how to post pictures.
On 2002-04-07 14:47, luv my ram wrote:
I having trouble trying to edit my pictures small enough to post. I have them saved in my folder but the pictures are way too many pixles. Is there an easy way to explain how to make them smaller? Remember, I'm computer illiterate.
Thanks-

·
Registered
139 Posts
On 2002-04-07 14:47, luv my ram wrote:
Thanks-

Hey, this is how i made mine smaller, i put the pictuer into microfot paint as so i can edit it. go to edit and clikc on
"select all" then drag the corners and tops and bottoms to make the pictue smaller (be carefull not to squish it too much, and it may take a few tries), then once you have it shrunk down go to image on the top and click on attributes or (ctrl+E). There you will be able to change the pixels to 400X400. This should fix it. Although if you did not shrink the picture small enough at first, then it wpont work and you will have to hit the undo button to start over....Like i said it may take a few tries!...I hope this helps you out, i explained it as best i could

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
With paint brush save it as yourname.jpg Then open it with Microsft phote editor. GO to image on the tool bar and resize it to about 45% that should make it around 20-30 kb. That is if your OS is Windows. anyone running modem hook-up shouldnt have a problem opening a file that small without waiting forever. It will still look good. If it take more the 5 seconds to load lots of people will just give up and go check out something else.
Later

Nickm
2001 Dodge Ram 4X4 Excab, with a 318, 3" PA body lift, 2" daystar spacers, 35X12.5 MTs on chrome wagon wheel

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
guys, lets cut the size of the pics in the signitures. big pics are ok in the post if they have something to do with the post, but we dont need a huge pic of your truck every time you post.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
jajeta here ya go it went from 360 something to 24KB .The picture looks the same but the format and size are different.
the address to link to is
http://www.dodgetrucks.org/home/nickm/1.jpg
and nere is what it look like

Nickm
2001 Dodge Ram 4X4 Excab, with a 318, 3" PA body lift, 2" daystar spacers, 35X12.5 MTs on chrome wagon wheel

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Guys those pics are still too big, NickM yours isnt too big, but jajeta, man that is huge.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
OK Ive got it down to 5KB it should have change my in ny previous post the link is still the same. If I had the orignal I could make it look a little better. Do you have a copy of the orignal BMP?

Nickm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts