1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially for texas folks...

Who are some good lawyers???

:wall: :wall:

Thing was, i wasnt even drunk, and the {expletive} cop wrote me a DWI, i thought when you got a DWI that took your a$$ to jail on the spot.....he let me finish driving home, 80 miles down the road.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That doesnt make sense because when my dad had gotten his dwi they took him to jail and had his truck towed and the same thing happened to my uncle when he got his. so im not sure.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I think some states have DUI and something lesser that is still alcohol related (maybe OUIL or something like that). If you weren't drunk, you shouldn't be able to get a DUI. Still a dumb idea to drive after drinking, but if you really weren't drunk, that is a little bit different. If you were drunk, and the cop was just being a "nice guy" by letting you drive home, they should fire his a$$.

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This whole situation proves the ignorance of east texas city cops (orange).....

When he handed me my ticket after i did all the sobriety test, Because i was NOT {expletive}ed up i knew i would pass em....he apparently thought otherwise.....said...."welp, ima hav tuh write yew up fer a DDUBYAEYE" SO in my mind im thinkin FAWWWWWWWWWKKKK IM GOIN TO THE HOOOOSGOW........He writes me the ticket and says have a safe journey home....:-?:

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Granted i had about 8 shiners, 4 double shots of jager and 2 irish car bombs.....I held together pretty well.......I WAS NOT DRUNK!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I dont know about Texas but in Ohio if the cop let you drive after giving you a DWI it would be thrown out in a heartbeat in court. Its has something to do with the cop knowingly allowing you to endanger the lives of others. I work with a guy that is a part time cop and he said that if the cop so much as lets the driver move his car off the road the charges will be thrown out.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
No breathilizer??? I bet even if you didn't feel drunk, you probably would have blown drunk with 12 drinks. Legal limit is only 0.08 here in MI (and most other states now).

Correction: 14 drinks :roll:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I used this thing, and calculated if I had 14 drinks in 4 hours, that even at 6'5" and 240lbs, I'd be at 0.14. :bad:

Give it a try. You gotta convert height and weight to SI units, but there is a converter on the page.

http://www.rupissed.com/#volume

·
Registered
119 Posts
FatTexass your f'n moron. If you drink one drink you don't need to drag your fat arse behind the wheel. Its not a lesson you want to learn the hard way, the hard way is getting a DUI or killing some nonsuspecting motorist. SOBER UP MORON, and stop endangering other peoples life.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
No way that {expletive} can hold up.

Did he offer you the breathalyzer or a blood test?

If so did you refuse?

Maybe he ment to give you a DUI although I'm not sure they let you go for one of those either.

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On 2005-12-01 15:27, VivaLaRam wrote:
FatTexass your f'n moron. If you drink one drink you don't need to drag your fat arse behind the wheel. Its not a lesson you want to learn the hard way, the hard way is getting a DUI or killing some nonsuspecting motorist. SOBER UP MORON, and stop endangering other peoples life.

I know, but seriously i was not {expletive}ed up like anyone would think. i can hold my {expletive}, and i can drive normal as hell when im drunk...... i dunno, i hope this thing gets thrown out in court.
:kicknuts:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
In MI you do. I'm pretty sure you go to jail for any DUI. I had a buddy get one over the summer on the jet ski, and they even hauled his a$$ off to jail.

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On 2005-12-01 15:33, chevyz7135s wrote:
well if you refuse the blood test or breathalizer dont you automatically go to jail?

In the state of Tx, Yes.

He didnt offer neither, all i did was walk the line, he checked my pupils (eyes) asked me some questions and that was it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
you my not have thought you were drunk but one drink is to many, I've lost a couple of friends to drunk drivers. The drunks survive and the innocent die.

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On 2005-12-01 15:52, VivaLaRam wrote:
you my not have thought you were drunk but one drink is to many, I've lost a couple of friends to drunk drivers. The drunks survive and the innocent die.

I know...... ima basterd..... My concious has been hangin hard on me every since last nite, i cant sleep, i cant eat, cant even drink a glass of water, nothing will stay down....my nerves are {expletive}ed

·
Registered
893 Posts
What does your ticket say? Does it have DWI on it, or was he just screwing with you? If he did think that you where over the limit, and did give you a DWI, then you would of been headed to jail. Since he let you go, and continue driving then there's a good chance that you passed the test, and where ticketed for another offense.

·
Registered
345 Posts
and i can drive normal as hell when im drunk......

Yup, that's f**king smart. Sounds like you should have gotten a DWI before this.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts