Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a dual setup on their truck?
Is there any real difference between one and two?

I was wondering about getting a dual set up with a Skyjacker lift even if Skyjacker doesnt make one.
The only one I have seen so far is this one.

http://rough.roughcountry.com/stabilizers.htm

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have dual setup but not the way most people think of. I have a Rancho stabilizer in the factory location and I added a trailmaster stabilizer on the right side of the axle and bolted it to the drag link/tie rod/whatever its called. It is made for dodges, I just mounted where I wanted it. I added it to help control my bias ply thornbirds. It didn't help them on the street, but I could tell a big difference off road. I now have 35' radials and they track and drive perfect on the street. Just as good as stock size.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Bill,

I've seen a dual inline set-up. There are also dual set-ups where the two stabilizers are parallel to each other in the same position. I don't know how much difference there is between a single or double though... :dunno:

Here's what Skyjacker has to offer as far as steering stabilizers:

:bigthumb:
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad-Cab SLT 4X4 SB, 5.2L V8, 5" SkyJacker Stage II Kit, 35/12.50/15 Good~Year MT/R's on 15X8 Weld Racing Sidewinder Wheels, Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust System, Custom Audio System.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Rocky Mountain Suspension:

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/

They've got very good prices too...

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the Skyjacker duals on my Bronco. It's the middle one on the pictures that Tunis posted. All the manufacturers recomend that you run a single on tires that are 35 inches and smaller, and run duals on any tire bigger than 35. I have 35 ProComps right now and I noticed that with the dual stabilizers the steering just feels a little bit heavier than with the single stabilizer. I would definitely recomend the Skyjacker stuff though . . . great workmanship, I like the way that everything mounts up, and the steering feel is good.

I had a ProComp single before and it mounted down below the tie rod, in a perfect spot to get beaten up by rocks and the such. The dual Skyjackers mount up high and attach to the frame rail. Good stuff.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
what i dont get on the stabilizers is that ive read from one of the articles in either petersons or offroad magazine is that you dont need the stabilizers unless your front end parts are worn out to hard the slop. they for some reason said they are a no no. i myself run the dual inline one in Tunis' 3rd picture, i was told when i ordered mine that the other kind wasnt available no more.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-08 17:24, Anonymous wrote:
Do you have a pic of the dual-inline on your truck? Where to the ends connect, and how likely is it to smack them on rocks/dirt when off-road.

I've mangled two so far...

Woody

the main bracket connects to the axle tube just to the right of the pumpkin, then there are 2 brackets that ar held in place with u bolts to the drag link near each tie rod end. if you have whacked the tie rod then you sure as **** will hit these since they are parallel with that.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Ah HA!! fixed my login problems...

If you look at this link:
http://www.pavementsucks.com/gallery/viewride.cgi?ride_id=8

you can see in the bottom pic that the stock location runs from below the axle up to the tie-rod.

If the stab is above the centerline of the axle-tube, I'm a happy camper!. I want to drop the axle on the tube first in a rut, not on the stab.

That's how I ruined the first one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts