Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a dual battery setup?? Where did you get the kit? WHere did you mount the second battery? I am thinkin about getting one to run a "wench" and 12v compressor along with all the other crap that is already killing the single battery...

·
Registered
969 Posts
The best place to mount the second battery is on the passenger side fender well. I reccomend optima batteries cause you can mount them in any position.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Best bet is to go buy the passenger side battery tray for a 2500 cummins, drops right in, shouldn't give you any problems (except for the water overflow bottle on a V10, which isn't a problem for you).

details here:

http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/mods/electric/2nd_battery.htm

You'll definitely want an isolater, but that page has more than enough information.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The battery set up just as it is on the 2500 is a great things to do on your 1500. I was going to do this with mine but instead of the tray I just got the 2500 instead :):

Bill

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Contact your local Dodge dealer and tell them you want the passanger side battery tray and mounting. It'll cost ya about $50 total. (give or taka few$$) I did it about a year ago, and put a Optima in place.
I also ordered the Dual battery management kit made by "painless wiring" Ordered it from 4 wheel drive hardware. it has a 100amp solenoid, switch and harness. The switch allows me to "jump" the main battery if it should go dead for any reason. Or I can keep the dual battery out of the circuit. It has 3 positions, Off, Emergency or on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts